Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd November 2013, 10:18 PM

It looks like the TAB are now using my betting as a tool to help them change the odds. I couldn't get $250 on at 1.21 (fixed place) just then; the bet was rejected, then the odds changed to 1.18 straight after and I put a bet through and it was accepted.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123
It looks like the TAB are now using my betting as a tool to help them change the odds. I couldn't get $250 on at 1.21 (fixed place) just then; the bet was rejected, then the odds changed to 1.18 straight after and I put a bet through and it was accepted.

How long can you keep this up and still make a profit arbing the difference ?
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:40 PM

Not long it seems. I was under the impression the TAB didn't have the same policies as the UK bookies. Check this out:

Old 22nd November 2013, 11:14 PM

And this, when trying to place a $100 bet, click Submit Bet and get a notice saying "account currently accessed"

umm what..?

Last edited by Pat123 : 22nd November 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123
Not long it seems. I was under the impression the TAB didn't have the same policies as the UK bookies.

All the bookies are licensed under the NT legislation. They all play by the same rules and they all use the rules to their advantage.

As I said I have been down the path you are taking already and the profit potential is just not worth the work.

If they ever change the laws to force them to take a minimum size bet (like $1000) then I will be jumping back onto this as quick as possible. It was easy money at the odds they were offering. But if the rules do change I suspect the odds we currently get won't be available anymore.

Good Luck with it Pat but I think your available options for this are closing very quickly.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:09 AM
Banned

Pat, were I on your shoes I would be drafting a rather scathing email attaching the screen prints you have & asking w t f is going on.

That said knowing my impatience levels I would probably already have burnt all bridges with a not so subtle phone call.

Knocking back $30win bets on 5/2 chances...what a brave new world we live in
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
All the bookies are licensed under the NT legislation. They all play by the same rules and they all use the rules to their advantage.

As I said I have been down the path you are taking already and the profit potential is just not worth the work.

If they ever change the laws to force them to take a minimum size bet (like $1000) then I will be jumping back onto this as quick as possible. It was easy money at the odds they were offering. But if the rules do change I suspect the odds we currently get won't be available anymore.

Good Luck with it Pat but I think your available options for this are closing very quickly.
All good, account back to normal. They called me - they were just monitoring where the 'smart money' was. Plus I have a new account with that other Tweed Heads group now. Back in the game.

By the way, TAB told me over the phone they aren't licensed under the NT. They have different legislation (NSW/VIC).