Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th July 2007, 09:06 AM

Question GIRLS v BOYS

I don't suppose Wesmip or anyone else has some stats on races where there is one sole filly or mare taking on the colts and geldings? I'm working on a system and often the girls get a decent weight pull and must be rated by the trainers to put them up against the boys. Could be an angle for profit??
Old 19th July 2007, 09:47 AM

I think it was Crash that did some work on this in the past.
Old 19th July 2007, 09:52 AM

Thought it might have been discussed somewhere earlier. Anyhow, what was the outcome Crash?
Old 19th July 2007, 10:52 AM
Suspended.

No it wasn't me Young Buck.

My general is rule is not to back females against males, but what I do look for is females who have been running OK in open company [but not winning] who are back to racing against their own sex.
Old 19th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Suspended.

Something that is worth watching out for is close up place getters [within 2 lengths] from races that have been run on a good track within 2 sec. [12 lengths] of the track record for that class and distance. It's amazing how many aren't, but there are always a few races here and there that are. It means those placegetters are running good time and are worth looking out for next start.
Old 19th July 2007, 11:17 AM

Crash. Sorry my mistake.
Old 23rd July 2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck
Thought it might have been discussed somewhere earlier. Anyhow, what was the outcome Crash?

I find that fillies and mares win more at under 1.1,00 metres and over 2,000 metres in open company races, i have seen a large amount of fillies fail when favourite or near favourite when up in the weights , around saddle cloth 1 to 6.in 1,200 metres or middle distance races. In top 2yo and 3yo open gender races, usually maidens around big carnival times, often very well bred fillies from sprintting sires with the saddle cloth numbers 14 to 20 do win , there are always exceptions to the rules for example, sunline won a lot of races around 1,600 . Often you see races over 2,000 metres where there is only one filly or mare in the race and it does win because I believe fillies or mare prefer the really short races or the very long races over 2,000 metres.
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:00 PM

Thanks for your thoughts horsewatcher. My betting propositions in this regard would only ever be the fillies or mares which have obvious talent but are down in the weights. The points you make on distances give me another angle to ponder. Cheers.