Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th November 2008, 09:27 AM

Default A Day at the Races with Wexford

Todays Emirates meeting is my preference for a day at the races. The track is a dead 4, a starting time that is not that far removed from breakfast and
10 races in which to empty the pockets.

The opening race could be the hardest of the day but MUZDAHEER (1x1) races well fresh and will be suited by the sting out of the ground.
ALESSANDRA GARDENS (1X1) in race 2 has won 2 from 2 without setting the world on fire but should continue to improve.
In the 3rd I like CAN'T WAIT (1x1). Ran home strongly at Geelong over 1400 and on that effort the 1600 should suit.
The lightly raced and well performed INSTRUCTOR (2 s/o) from the Williams/Sadler stable should take out the 4th.
In the 5th, the dogs are barking Drumbeats but I think the topweight ECLAIR FANTASTIC (2 s/o) can continue unbeaten.
Apache Cat will win the 6th but I will be having a place bet on GREAT IS GREAT(1 pl) for old time sake.
The 7th is my best bet of the day ALL SILENT (5 s/o). Great win last week and will be suited by the 1600 and dead track.
TAT TAT DE LAGO (1x1) has been racing well without luck and has a good chance in this.
In race 9 CAPECOVER (2 s/o) is about ready to knock them over. Very good run in the SAAB.
FALAISE (1x1) is my get out in the last. Has disappointed recently but has ability.

Outlay 22 units

Have confidence in your own judgement.

Last edited by Wexford : 8th November 2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 15th November 2008, 09:20 AM

Default Sandown 15/11/08

Emirates Stakes day turned out to be a profitable affair after a very slow start. Muzdaheer, Alessandra Gardens and Can't Wait, from the earlier races did enough for me to black book. All Silent, 1st (5x6.20), Tat Tat Delago 2nd (1pl x 2.70) and Capecover 1st, (2x4.90) produced a return of 43.5 units giving a profit of 21.5 units.

Todays Betfair Park (Sandown) meeting is my Day At The Races for this week and begins with a 2yo race that I will let go bye. The 2nd is an open affair but I like GOD'S HAND (2so)who should be fitter for recent runs. RAID THE ROYALS (1X1) in the 3rd could swoop late and make it interesting. The 4th looks good for YESTERDAY (2so) having his 3rd run back and DIPLOMATIC FORCE (1X1) in the 5th is also having his 3rd run back but should improve enough to run a good race in this. In the 6th, CAYMANS (2so) looks one of the better chances of the day. I am staying with CAPECOVER (1X1) in the 7th. Good run last week and may surprise Zipping.Race 7 supplies my best of the day in CHASM (5so).This one has a lot of ability and will go onto bigger and better things.In the last BERNICIA (1X1) is best value for the day.Has been racing in better company and has aquitted itself very well.

Outlay 19 units

Have confidence in your own judgement.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:31 AM

Default Saturday 22/11/08

Last weeks Sandown meeting was once again a profitable exercise. DIPLOMATIC FORCE was my blackbooker from the meeting. Raid the Royals
(pl 3.20) Yesterday (2 so 3.30) Caymans (2 so 3.00) Chasm (5 so 2.80) and
Bernicia (1x1 5.70/1.80). With a return of 38.30 from a 19 unit outlay we had a profit of 19.3 units giving an overall profit of 40.8 units

Today, I am stepping out of my comfort zone of eastern states racing and taking on the West where my knowledge is extremely limited but I am always willing to learn. It is a top class race card.

The 1st will see me invest on the consistent CALLER ONE (2so), drawn well and should get the gun run. As usual I will give the early 2 yo a miss. The 3rd I am staying with the Vic horse CAN"T WAIT (2so) from my black book, an excellent run last start. In the 4th SUPERSCENIC (2 so) appears to be a very good chance on its 1st up effort. A consistent SHEENASAIDGREY (1x1) could be a good eachway bet in the 5th as is EXQUISITE TIMING (1x1) in the 6th and it also has the right marble. Gee, the Railway is as good as a G1 1600m race as there has been this season, by best value of the day is PILLAR OF HERCULES (1X1) and will run a big race. In the 8th LAMBTON CASTLE (1x1) is just about ready to take one out. My best bet of the day appears in Race 9. FOXY BOY (5 so)

Outlay 19 units

Have confidence in your own judgement
Old 29th November 2008, 12:55 PM

Default Saturday 29/11

Last week was my first foray into the West and I managed to come out around square. CAN'T WAIT (5.70x2) and EXQUISITE TIMING (6.10/1.80) were my only collects for the afternoon. Had a return of 19.3 units giving a tiny profit of .3 of a unit making the overall profit so far 41.1 units.

I am staying with Ascot for todays outing. As usual I will miss the 2 yo event. In the 2nd FRANCINA (1X1) might be able to get away with it. CAN"T WAIT (2so) in the 3rd should win as he is still green and 9 should suit. my liking is for the very hones performer ARTIC WATERS (2so) in the 4th. Race 5 sees me going for 3 so outs in a row with TARZI (2so). Race 6 sees me investing on the lightly raced ALMOHAD (1x1). Race 7 is a no bet race for me, I will just be a spectator in the great race.PRINCESS O'LARA (2X3) 3rd up and is my best for the day, excellent each way value in the 8th. The last race sees DANCE ACROSS (2so) as my get out,very consistent

Oulay 17 units

Old 6th December 2008, 10:51 AM

Default Saturday 6/12/08

Last week was a disaster with 2 winners ARTIC WATERS (3.50) and TARZI (3.00) giving a return of 13 units and delivering a loss of 4 units on the day. The profit has slumped to 37.1 units.

Still with Ascot this week and as is my want , the 2 yo will not take any of my hard earned. The 2nd event has a blackbooker in the promising REDFORD (5so) , a horse with a lot of potential. In the 3rd I have a liking for DESIARNEZ (1x1), 3rd run back after a lengthy spell should have him at his peak. WHITE ENSIGN (1x1) in the 4th should run well. The 5th has DANTE DASH (2so) as my choice. Is nicely drawn and should get the run of the race. Eachway ELECTRIC GENERAL (1x1) in the 6th, a very open event.In the big one of the day I like NICONERO (2so). should storm home and collect the bikkies. Another blackbooker in SHEENASAIDGREY (1x1) in the 7th, forget its last run and in the last GREY MONARCH (2so) should be much closer during the run than he was when returning.

Outlay 19 units

Old 13th December 2008, 01:52 PM

Default Saturday 13/12/08

Last saturday was another losing day with 1 winner and 1 placing. Niconero put in a great run to win and Shesaidgrey put in a solid performance to just go under. 4.90 x 2 = 9.80 an 4.30 x1 = 4.30
Outlay 19 units return 14.10 - Loss 4.90
O/all Profit 32.2 units.

Was heading back east for this week but the rain put a damper on that, so I stay at Ascot. The 1st is a 2yo and a no go. The second has DANE SMILE(2so) as my bet whilst in the third the very consistent DANTE'S VOLONTE (2so) is my choice. The fourth has CAN'T WAIT(5.00) as my best bet of the day.I will be watching the Takeover Target benefit and the sixth has another short one and another no bet race.OBSERVATION (1ew) in the seventh should be there abouts.PRINCESS O'LARA(1x1) could be a surprise packet in the 8th and BEYOND DISPUTE(2so) has been there abouts of late and could be winning in the last

Outlay 15 units
Old 20th December 2008, 06:53 AM

Default Saturday 20/12/08

Had another losing effort last week with 1.5 winners and a 2nd. The ever consisent Dantes Volonte (1.80x2) continued on its winning way and Beyond Dispute (2.80x2) made it a dead-heat in the last. Observation(3.20x1) ran a good 2nd in the 7th giving a total return of 12.4 units and a loss of 2.6 units

Overall Profit to date is 29.6 units.

20/12
Although I have had 3 losing Saturdays in the west the damage has been minimal so I am staying at Ascot for today as I feel I can crack it for a winning day.

REDFORD (2so) in race 1 was very disappointing last start but feel an improvement coming on. In the 2nd INFERNO (1x1) is a definite ew chance. My best for the day is in race 3 DANE"S MYSTERY(5so)Great 1st up record and is a quality horse. VERGOOD(1x1) in the 4th could get into the placings.
Race 5 sees GONDORFF(2so) as my choice is a very consistent conveyance.
Race 6 I have no idea but I have settled on PUMPKIN HEAD(2so) for no other reason than it could be named after me. VOLCANIC CAUSEWAY(2so) has the form on board to take out the 7th. In the 8th I am staying with GREY MONARCH(1x1)Slightly disappointing last start but having drawn out may be an advantage.

Outlay 19 units
Old 8th February 2009, 09:28 AM

Default Sunday 8/2/09

Results 20/12/08
I continued on my losing way at Ascot getting one winner on the programme
Danes Mystery 2.00 x 5 was the collect
Loss for the day was 9 units giving an overall profit of 20.6 units to carry into 2009.

Sunday 8/2/09 sees me at Caulfield for C.F.Orr stakes day and will be a cracker of a meeting.

The day opens with a race for 3 yo fillies and my choice is UPSTREAM (2 so).
HANDSUPFORDETROIT (1x1)) in race 2 should be unbeaten and is from an astute Sydney yard, excellent chance. ROSTOVA (2so) appears to be a class act and should win the 3rd .The 4th, the colts prelude sees the return of STARSPANGLEDBANNER (2so). He won a recent trial very impressively and is my pick here.WESTERN COUP (1x1) is a powerfully built fella who gives the impression that 1800 of the 5th will suit. The Sydney horse ROYAL ESPIRIT (1x1) should be running over the top of the in the 6th. In the Orr stakes I like VON COSTA de LAGO (2x3) who put in a extremely good run 1st up. In the 8th, WITH APOLOGIES (2so) has the form on board to win again. I am expecting EL MANDON (2so) to land the bacon in the last.

Total outlay 21 units
Old 14th February 2009, 10:34 AM

Default Saturday 14/2/09

Results 8/2/09

Another losing day (5 on the trot) at Caulfield with 2 winners and a 2nd. Rostova (2@1.60) and El Mandon(2@5.60) saluted whilst Handsupfordetroit(1x2.00) ran a nice 2nd behind the very promising Nicconi.
Outlay 21 units - Return 16.4 - Loss 4.6 units
O/all Profit 16.2 units

Saturday 14/2/09
I was tempted to choose Randwick but the wet track put a dampener on that. so Moonee Valley it is.

Race 1 I like the Gai trained VIKING LEGEND (2so), a good 1st up run and in the upto his ears. Race 2 an ew pick in COHORT (1x1) on his WA form would give this a shake.The 3rd sees the reurn of a coule of smart one and CONFOUNDED(1x1) goes well 1st up. Another ew in the 4th is MIO MIO(1x1)
who was very unlucky up coountry at its last start.KEANO (2so) in the 5th is one of the better bets of the day.LAMARR(2so) in the 6th was very impressive last start on this course opened up before the turn and strolled in.
The big one is Race 7 and I am going for the very smart 3yo TIME THIEF (2so).ARAPAHO MISS (1x1) is a strong ew chance in the 8th and is well placed in this and in the last the best of the day appears in ROAD TO ROCK (5so).
Outlay 21 units
Old 14th February 2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wexford
Results 8/2/09

Another losing day (5 on the trot) at Caulfield with 2 winners and a 2nd. Rostova (2@1.60) and El Mandon(2@5.60) saluted whilst Handsupfordetroit(1x2.00) ran a nice 2nd behind the very promising Nicconi.
Outlay 21 units - Return 16.4 - Loss 4.6 units
O/all Profit 16.2 units

Saturday 14/2/09
I was tempted to choose Randwick but the wet track put a dampener on that. so Moonee Valley it is.

Race 1 I like the Gai trained VIKING LEGEND (2so), a good 1st up run and in the upto his ears. Race 2 an ew pick in COHORT (1x1) on his WA form would give this a shake.The 3rd sees the reurn of a coule of smart one and CONFOUNDED(1x1) goes well 1st up. Another ew in the 4th is MIO MIO(1x1)
who was very unlucky up coountry at its last start.KEANO (2so) in the 5th is one of the better bets of the day.LAMARR(2so) in the 6th was very impressive last start on this course opened up before the turn and strolled in.
The big one is Race 7 and I am going for the very smart 3yo TIME THIEF (2so).ARAPAHO MISS (1x1) is a strong ew chance in the 8th and is well placed in this and in the last the best of the day appears in ROAD TO ROCK (5so).
Outlay 21 units
yeh think should stay away from randwick today