Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th August 2005, 11:27 AM
Suspended.

Well and good Chrome but what about price ?

Lets forget 'slow'. What is the average favorite win price for dead/good compared to heavy? Can you do that with your data bank? No fibs now !!!
Old 24th August 2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pangloss
Chrome

you are confused. Taking the 'best TAB' price will always generate a premium over and above the base NSW TAB used in the data base. The value of that premium must necessarily range from .01 thru .99 - experience demonstrates on the odds range under discussion it is worth .07 to the punter.

The data base I use has been subjected to wide ranging public scrutiny, on this very Forum in the not too distant past, and currently on another very public racing Forum. Such scrutiny would quickly expose any flaws especially in the record keeping and results.

May I suggest you subject your own database to such scrutiny. What have you got to worry about - what have you got to lose?

Dr,

The AVERAGE premium could not be 7c on odds-on horses place betting.
Perhaps you've experienced this a few times and it stuck with you, but as an AVERAGE it's impossible. Otherwise I'll give up and punt full-time as you could win backing all odds on favourites for a place with one filter only.

And one cannot.

I'm not questioning the accuracy of the record keeping, I'm questioning the conclusions drawn and the worth and practicality of using SP combined with TAB win/place, it does not make sense to combine the two and draw conclusions, it's apples and oranges.

As for your last statement, you do not realise that every record has been run through both a mechanical and manual data check. In fact I made people aware of errors in the formguide and data in your program - after checking, they agreed. Go and check it out for yourself!

I won't comment further on my product's accuracy or other products in general - mine speaks for itself.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 24th August 2005, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Well and good Chrome but what about price ?

Lets forget 'slow'. What is the average favorite win price for dead/good compared to heavy? Can you do that with your data bank? No fibs now !!!

Sure crash,

Theres no point in fibbing

Less than 10 runners, favourites.

FAST - Avg $2.40
GOOD - Avg $2.41
DEAD - Avg $2.45
SLOW - Avg $2.53
HEAVY - Avg $2.71

Old 24th August 2005, 11:46 AM
Suspended.

OK, I surrender !!

ANYONE BACKING FAVORITES WOULD GO BROKE ANYWAY 8-)
Old 24th August 2005, 11:55 AM

I think we are talking apples and oranges. You are citing favourites ie the public's opinion. Invariably a different favourite will jump up for each track condition due to the public assessing the track condition. On a bright sunny day at Caufield on a track rated fast horse #1 may be the fav. Suddenly the sprinklers all come on and flood the track and the track is downgraded to heavy. The public makes an assessment and #8 the proven mud runner gets the guernsey. Is it me i can't see the point. Beton
Old 24th August 2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
I think we are talking apples and oranges. You are citing favourites ie the public's opinion. Invariably a different favourite will jump up for each track condition due to the public assessing the track condition. On a bright sunny day at Caufield on a track rated fast horse #1 may be the fav. Suddenly the sprinklers all come on and flood the track and the track is downgraded to heavy. The public makes an assessment and #8 the proven mud runner gets the guernsey. Is it me i can't see the point. Beton

Hi Beton,

The point was that just because a track is rated heavy, it's no reason not to punt.

The strike rate is better than dead/slow and better than slow with less than 10 runners, and the prices are better. Of course, one has to follow the crowd's money though and apply your own filters.
Old 24th August 2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default Chrome still muddled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Dr,

The AVERAGE premium could not be 7c on odds-on horses place betting.
Perhaps you've experienced this a few times and it stuck with you, but as an AVERAGE it's impossible. Otherwise I'll give up and punt full-time as you could win backing all odds on favourites for a place with one filter only.

And one cannot.

If the average premium could not be 7c, then what is it? You do not know - but nonetheless your absolutely certain it's not 7c. For goodness sake don't give up the day job for the punt lest the truth hits you between the ears.

Now what about the numbers for non-metro tracks? Or doesn't you data cover non-metro tracks?? Leaves us plenty of time for our day job then.

Old 24th August 2005, 10:05 PM

Dr,

Please explain exactly how you arrived at 7c.

BTW: I can supply data for non metro tracks, just in SP format which has nothing to do with this.

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 24th August 2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 24th August 2005, 10:42 PM

I think a minor point is being missed with the HEAVY, SLOW scenario.

Let's say the meeting is Saturday and Friday it's a bright sunny day, we are all doing the form. Track Condition: Good

Let's say by Friday night, the fav is horse 1 paying 1.50 and we are ready to back it to the hilt. ( it's a true fav by the way)

Friday 11.30 PM, the weather changes and there is a sudden down pour of rain, by 6.00 AM Saturday, Track Condition : Slow/Heavy.

Trainer scratches the 1.50 favourite.
New "favourite" is horse 2
It's price is 2.50.

The question is,
does the database (anyone's) take into account the scratched true fav. from Friday's form, or is the "fav" that whatever it is on the day regardless if the first fav. was scratched ?
Old 24th August 2005, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetown
I think a minor point is being missed with the HEAVY, SLOW scenario.

Let's say the meeting is Saturday and Friday it's a bright sunny day, we are all doing the form. Track Condition: Good

Let's say by Friday night, the fav is horse 1 paying 1.50 and we are ready to back it to the hilt. ( it's a true fav by the way)

Friday 11.30 PM, the weather changes and there is a sudden down pour of rain, by 6.00 AM Saturday, Track Condition : Slow/Heavy.

Trainer scratches the 1.50 favourite.
New "favourite" is horse 2
It's price is 2.50.

The question is,
does the database (anyone's) take into account the scratched true fav. from Friday's form, or is the "fav" that whatever it is on the day regardless if the first fav. was scratched ?

My database always uses the favourite at the jump.

The scratched favourite is treated the same as any other runner, simply a non-runner. There is no consideration for what went on pre-post.