Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th July 2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
I'm with Beton.

Barny , you have made all sorts of claims , but all you have provided is hot air.

I haven't made any claims about winning $x amount of dollars moeee. All I've done is mention I have 6 individual filters which improve systems POT or reduce the LOT. In a couple of other posts I've mentioned that the easy part is to find systems with a decent POT, and it is. Ask anyone who has a database. bhagwan apparently runs many different systems. I also mentioned that I now believe there is a fine line between winning and losing as one (or two) filters can make or break you.

And I did post two tips, one ran second at 12/1 the other ran midfield, one was a system horse (the one that ran 2nd) the other a "stable" horse.

All I've posted are my findings moeee. You could buy a database moeee and then find out that it is easy to develop winning systems with a decent POT. But that woiuld require you to do something constructive and different moeee.
Old 11th July 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
I haven't made any claims about winning $x amount of dollars moeee.

But you have Barny.
You have posted that you have a System that is producing over 90% Profit on Turnover.
I would certainly be using it had I a System capable of that.
But I wouldn't tease other members about it.
Old 11th July 2012, 10:02 AM

That's it moeee, you win, no more posts from me .....
Old 11th July 2012, 10:06 AM

Barny
You keep on about your 6 filters. And you say you are not going to share them. That's ok. Just don't carry on about them. But every chance you have you say "look at me I've got 6 miracle filters". You have introduced them into the forum, the sporting thing is to at least point people into the right direction. I am certain that you have a lot more to learn from this forum. All I am saying is "it is a twoway street" Beton
Old 11th July 2012, 10:11 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Barny
You keep on about your 6 filters. And you say you are not going to share them. That's ok. Just don't carry on about them. But every chance you have you say "look at me I've got 6 miracle filters". Beton

I don't know why Beton , but my feelings were hurt by you on previous occasions.
But you sure as heck hit the nail on the head here.
Perhaps I was the nail in a previous thread and didn't want to accept responsibility.
Cheers.
Old 11th July 2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
I don't know why Beton , but my feelings were hurt by you on previous occasions.
But you sure as heck hit the nail on the head here.
Perhaps I was the nail in a previous thread and didn't want to accept responsibility.
Cheers.

I try to be polite and diplomatic as I appreciate others opinion. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't truck rubbish.
Old 12th July 2012, 05:32 PM

The pareto rules are based on Saturday and the better Mid week Metro races. I have been looking at how and whether it could be put into 7 day mode. To do so the rules need relaxing. Thus I have been looking at the almost complying. Sunday there was one almost qualifying and placed. There were 3 possibles today for 2 wins, Looks promising. I will alter the rules for other than Saturday and monitor. Beton
Old 12th July 2012, 06:51 PM

I have done some more research on the Paretto Principal and was , am going to go into it further when my other thread on Systems -- Pros & Cons is done and dusted.

I have some difficulty with the title Privateer gave his thread, so, because I do not know what the opening post was will stick to my thoughts and go along with it.

He could have called it anything and the same great thread would have been produced and rehashed, just like we have done.

I intend to do a new one called the 80/20 Principal which is what Mr Paretto was all about. it will be initially directed to the principal and thinking, not necessarily about gambling but then we can pick over the bones to see if their is anything their which might highlight a different thought pattern and qualifications.

You old timers will be able to tell me if Privateer looked at it this way and if not , how and why did he use that name.

Star
Old 12th July 2012, 07:46 PM

Star
the Privateer took his long service leave and went into the library and researched the results of past records. A long and tedious task. He then analysed his results and applied the Pareto principle to them, culling the filters that only marginly altered the result and leaving those that had a major difference on the result. The more filters you have the less selections you have. He looked at the selections and the value. So yes he applied the 20/80 rule. The 20/80 bit is hockum. Most of anything comes from a small portion of what you do, most of your problems come from a small part of what you do. The area inbetween breaks even or a modest profit. Pareto simply said take the small portion that gives you the most and bin the rest.
Privateer did this. From his rules there is no more to do other than run them through a up to date database. Whilst the Pareto principle outlines a course to follow, in the real world most businesses cannot implement it for many reasons. 9 times out of 10 you need the bulk to be able to get those juicy bits. In punting you still need lots of average winners to be able to score that big one. Think of it like fishing. You have to be fishing to catch a big one, in the meantime you will catch a lot of smaller fish that you have kiss and throw back. You also get a lot of average size ones. These bide you over. Thus you have to watch what you cull any further. Beton

Last edited by beton : 12th July 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12th July 2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Think of it like fishing. You have to be fishing to catch a big one, in the meantime you will catch a lot of smaller fish that you have kiss and throw back. You also get a lot of average size ones. These bide you over. Thus you have to watch what you cull any further. Beton

Interesting post beton - I found it extremely thought provoking.

In other words we open up the filters so as to have best chance of capturing most of the opportunities - big and small (and medium).
All of which are helpful to our overall success in some way.

Can be applied to much that is important to life I think.
e.g. looking for a soul mate, life partner (yeah, a bit deep for here!)
e.g. the world of sales i.e. lead generation-conversion for instance

Cheers LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 12th July 2012 at 08:23 PM.