Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th December 2015, 04:55 PM

Default fixed price pre-post betting

Hi,
haven't been on the forum for a while, I've been enjoyiing many winners

Although I normally bet with BetFair I'm finding increasingly hard to get mediums sized bets ($250-$500) set, and I've shyed off bookie sites because of poor value, and they all seem to just follow one another.

So: I'm looking for a Sydney bookmker that will accept a fix priced bet the day or evening before raceday....

Everyone I've tried only offer parimutual style bets pre post, which is worse then useless

Anybody know of bookies that provide fixed prices after acceptances are declared, they could surely lay off any bets before post anyway...
Old 19th February 2016, 10:38 PM

G'day Cairns man, I'm not really the right person to reply, as I'm probably not into the same level of investment, well there again not really sure as my Max bet (for the place, is $200) BUT, I have a LOT of bets:

After many years though I have an ongoing fight to have my bets accepted, (I'm now down to Grandkids / and others) and my profit margin is just under 4%.

In short only losers are welcomed???
Old 20th February 2016, 07:32 AM

I have no issue with betfair with bets and my bet sizes are much higher than yours. All mine go on in the last few seconds before a race. I am also happy to take betfair SP when I don't get matched.

When are you trying to get matched ? If your doing it anytime other than in the last minute then you will have issues. Can you not use betfair SP ?

If you go the bookie route then you will find it frustrating if you are a long term winner.
Old 20th February 2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
G'day Cairns man, I'm not really the right person to reply, as I'm probably not into the same level of investment, well there again not really sure as my Max bet (for the place, is $200) BUT, I have a LOT of bets:

After many years though I have an ongoing fight to have my bets accepted, (I'm now down to Grandkids / and others) and my profit margin is just under 4%.

In short only losers are welcomed???

PP why not use betfair place markets? Can be thin in some cases but is ok in most markets. Betfair SP also offered in most markets and you can set a minimum price.
Old 20th February 2016, 03:07 PM

UB, I've had to do that at times but as you say, very skinny sometimes. I've found best tote (metro) is the one that keeps me in the black.

I've had one account closed that was a LOSING account, (as it happened) can you figure that one out?