Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd March 2016, 02:14 PM

Default Your opinions on 30min Gap Between Vic Races

I am interested in what others think, personally i think they will see less turnover because unless all other states follow the lead it will just confuse people at what time the next race is.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 22nd March 2016, 03:17 PM

Agree with you Shaun but even if other states follow suit it only works and benefits (in my view) for the following scenarios:

- Non-major race days where the gaps are large between races (i.e. not wednesday and saturday in particular)
- mainly favors patrons at the venues and even then it only favors those betting solely on the venue they are at.

Anyone trying to bet on all or multiple venues on a saturday with all meetings having 30 minute gaps would go nutty without a bot. As it stands currently you generally have about 3-4 minutes between races on saturdays so to shorten that further seems crazy to me.
Old 22nd March 2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Agree with you Shaun but even if other states follow suit it only works and benefits (in my view) for the following scenarios:

- Non-major race days where the gaps are large between races (i.e. not wednesday and saturday in particular)
- mainly favors patrons at the venues and even then it only favors those betting solely on the venue they are at.

Anyone trying to bet on all or multiple venues on a saturday with all meetings having 30 minute gaps would go nutty without a bot. As it stands currently you generally have about 3-4 minutes between races on saturdays so to shorten that further seems crazy to me.

Totally agree, i guess the opinion of Racing Victoria is that they are the only venues worth betting on so they do as they please.

I think it is a great idea for those days with only 2 or 3 meetings if applied to all meetings, is just not workable for other race days and i am sure NSW will try to follow suit if Vic keep the idea.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 22nd March 2016, 06:57 PM

its a stupid idea. As soon as they get a protest how is the jockey suppose to get back to the mounting yard, review video and they make a case. They then have to get the trainers as well and it can take 20-30 mins to either uphold or dismiss. They jockey then needs to run to his next horse and won't have time with the next trainer for a discussion on tactics.

The race will get delayed and then if another protest happens ... lol They will be so far behind it will get confusing.
Old 23rd March 2016, 04:58 PM

Too many factors to make it viable.
Fine for on course patrons, but that's not going to bring back the crowds anyway.
Apart from the clashes, I can see when a race runs late or as mentioned above the whole programming and televising or radio from other venues will go to pot.

The jockey passes the post eases up his mount, returns to the mounting yard, has to weigh in, be interviewed and debrief the trainer and or owners, that's 15 minutes gone already.
Then he has to change colours, have the right weight, make his way to the mounting yard, get instructions and be at the barriers.

Many mistakes are going to be made and imagine a very hot day where he / she wants to have a quick shower between rides - no chance.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg