Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th May 2004, 12:09 PM

michaelg,
congrats on the results. Have you posted the rules for the unitab system ?Understand if you don't want to , but would appreciate the background and rules.
Crasher
Old 9th May 2004, 01:15 PM

Hello crasher,
I'll save Michael the trouble, even though I know that he would have posted them for you when he had the time. The link, which was kindly given to me recently by Merriguy, is http://www.propun.com.au/forums/vie...5780&forum=7&11
I'm sure Michael or anybodyelse viewing the forum would be glad to help you with any further queries.

[ This Message was edited by: rebeccian on 2004-05-09 14:55 ]
Old 9th May 2004, 01:18 PM

I meant to tell you, crasher, that when you get to the page that the link connects to just scroll down to the 8th posting on the page. That's where Michael posted the rules.
Old 9th May 2004, 03:22 PM

Thanks Rebeccian found it.
Crasher
Old 9th May 2004, 04:41 PM

Hi, Crasher.

You will see that one of the rules is to omit Maiden races. This was decided when we originally were looking at a minimum of 4 points difference between the first and second Unitab selections. The Maidens at that time were not profitable, but because all 4-pointers did not perform it was possible that was the reason. The system was then altered (6 March) so that there must be a minimum of five points between the first and second selections. Recently I've begun to separately monitor Maidens that have a minimum of 5 points difference, and the selections to date seem worthwhile. Another Unitab rule is to omit Slow and Heavy tracks, and I'm also seperately recording Slow/Heavy results which too seems promising, but it's still too early to tell.

I'm also looking at the ratings at Tabltd (NSW TAB) using the very same rules. Even though 5-pointers are showing a small loss, 6-pointers-plus to date have been profitable even though there have only been 22 selections before today. Today's only selection finished second, paying $1.50