Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th May 2009, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky12
Hi

I need to break this data up into separate cells to run my calculations eg: last four starts would have 1 1 2 1 in four separate cells - but am unclear whether Excel has the funtionality to allow me achieve this?

Has anyone any experience or advice they can provide?

Thanks everyone

Assume the number 1221 is in cell A1

In cell B1, express the number 1221 as text. =TEXT(A1,"#")

In cell C1, select the first character of the text string "1221". =MID(B1, 1, 1)

In cell D1, select the second character of the text string "1221". =MID(B1, 2, 1)

In cell E1, select the third character of the text string "1221". =MID(B1, 3, 1)

In cell F1, select the fourth character of the text string "1221". =MID(B1, 4, 1)

Hth. Let me know if you need a clearer explanation.

Best

Chris
Old 29th May 2009, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Ziemba

You have done well and hopefully you will continue helping others.

BUT

When you do spend your time reading a post, always remember to pay attention to the date when it was posted.
I have seen and fallen into the trap of replying to VERY OLD Posts as well.

Welcome to the Forum Ziemba.
Hopefully more members can share your enthusiasm in our quest for knowledge.
Old 29th May 2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Aha!
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:04 PM

Default greyhound system

hi guys
i have uploaded a worksheet and was wondering if any one can help me get it running again a i have it running in something elsebut was trying to change it to
excel have it in another format if any one can help my addy is angrymobs99at hotmail
Attached Files
File Type: xls greyhound racing.xls (916.5 KB, 864 views)
File Type: doc TIMESIM.doc (69.5 KB, 1560 views)
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:32 PM

type in simtools.xla in google and download it to the folder name which is in the formulas and then open it up. It should fix it, it did for me!
Old 3rd June 2009, 02:17 AM

Default simtools

how do you run the simtools ken have it in the proper folder but nothing happens could u walk me through it if possible
thanks ron
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:34 AM
Suspended

I'm probably wrong, but you may have to be in Excel and click on TOOLS,then on ADD-INS.
Then place a tick in the Box of your Sims Program.
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:46 PM

If i am working on another sheet and the macro starts i get an error because i am not on the active sheet that the web query wants to download to i added a sheet select code but all that does is change to the correct sheet, how can i get it to work no matter what sheet i am working on?

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Static MyMarket As Variant Application.EnableEvents = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If [A1].Value = MyMarket Then GoTo Xit Else MyMarket = [A1].Value If Len(Range("$AZ$54").Value) = 0 Then GoTo Xit Sheets("Data-Config").Select With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;https://www.betchoice.com/racing/betting.asp?eventid=" & Range("$AZ$54").Value, _ Destination:=Range("$A$50")) .Name = "betting" .FieldNames = True .RowNumbers = False .FillAdjacentFormulas = False .PreserveFormatting = True .RefreshOnFileOpen = False .BackgroundQuery = False .RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells .SavePassword = False .SaveData = True .AdjustColumnWidth = True .RefreshPeriod = 0 .WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables .WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone .WebTables = """HorseTable""" .WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True .WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True .WebSingleBlockTextImport = False .WebDisableDateRecognition = False .WebDisableRedirections = False .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=True End With If Len(Range("$BB$54").Value) = 0 Then GoTo Xit With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;http://www.**************.com.au/form-guide/race/" & Range("$BB$54").Value, _ Destination:=Range("$AP$55")) .Name = "Form" .FieldNames = True .RowNumbers = False .FillAdjacentFormulas = False .PreserveFormatting = True .RefreshOnFileOpen = False .BackgroundQuery = False .RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells .SavePassword = False .SaveData = True .AdjustColumnWidth = True .RefreshPeriod = 0 .WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables .WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone .WebTables = "4" .WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True .WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True .WebSingleBlockTextImport = False .WebDisableDateRecognition = False .WebDisableRedirections = False .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=True End With Xit: Application.EnableEvents = True Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic End If End Sub

Last edited by Shaun : 3rd June 2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:18 PM

Default spreadsheet

hi shaun or moee have u managed to have a look at my spreadsheet
kennedy managed to get it working but still cant keeps not recognising my simtools if u can have look will be really grateful
ron
also have a ms access horse racing database if anyone is interested it needs work too lol

if anyone wants to contact me im angrymobs99 t hotmail.com
ron
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:26 PM

If i get some time will check out see if i can work out what problem is, i got my code sorted out so now down to testing