Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd June 2009, 09:39 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymob
hi shaun or moee have u managed to have a look at my spreadsheet
kennedy managed to get it working but still cant keeps not recognising my simtools if u can have look will be really grateful
ron
also have a ms access horse racing database if anyone is interested it needs work too lol

if anyone wants to contact me im angrymobs99 t hotmail.com
ron

I tried your program, but it won't work at all for me because it is looking for details of a Cranbourne Race that I don't have.

And I don't know what is "Mcorrels" and "corrand"

Best wait for kennedy to roll up.
He's redhot on this sort of stuff
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:04 PM

Default spreadsheet

thanks moeee same here he had it running but maybe if he changes a few things im hopeless but like to try these things can send you it running in different format if you have email address
Old 27th June 2009, 10:56 PM

Default Simtools

Hi Angry,

I had a look at your sheet, if you have Simtools loaded as an Add-in you can do the following to get it working.

In Cell C27 insert Norminv(rand(),C11,C12) then copy that formula across to J27.

Now to get your sheet to work highlight from Cell B27:J2027
then go to the header or menu where you have simtools then click Simulation table depending on the speed of your computer it will only take a few seconds and you should have a new set of probs and rankings etc at M23 :J25
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:48 AM

Hi wise one.

I was having a look at your spreadsheet from post #31 and it looks great. Can you tell me if there is any way to identify maiden races or if there is a macro etc to remove them.

I presume that the maidens are shown with zero's for each horse in the form line. Is that correct?

Any help gratefully accepted.
Old 19th November 2009, 02:05 PM

Giving this thread a bump

Here is an updated version of the data grabber. It will get the unitab data and last 3 starts data for every horse for every race from 1/1/2008 to now. You can add dates by going to the dates tab but to run it, go to the Home tab and press the button.

Best to run this before you go to bed, it will take a while and in case it does crash or excel freezes up, it does an auto save after 500 races so you dont lose it all.

Enjoy

PS: the DATA tab will have all the data and you can filter the results to your hearts content. If you wanna finish it up early, simply press esc a few times until excel brings up a message box and click End.
Attached Files
File Type: xls UNITAB Data Grabber V1.2.xls (1.19 MB, 1173 views)
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:46 AM

Hi kennedy22384 nice work, would it be possible to include the Uni tab ratings on the Data page?

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:49 AM

Column Y mate, under the heading "R".

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:27 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy22384
Column Y mate, under the heading "R".

Cheers
Couldn't see it for looking
Old 24th June 2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise one
I have a xcel spreedsheet that I got a few years back from someone in this forum ( my apoligies for not remembering who ) This works on the Unitab site, but because they have change the layout of the second page it does not collect the data from there. ( you need to have a untab acct to get the detailed form history that this picks up ) So if someone out there can fix this and return it to me I would be very grateful.

This will not only collect data for todays races but for last month and the the 2 previous years.

In the options tab at the top click on "enable content"
Click in the purple and yellow boxes selecting "day, month , year , track "
Leave on race 01
If you want just 1 day click on the "get data day " and watch the numbers in race number move.
If you want raw data without scratching removed click on the "data" at the bottom and you can copy and paste
If you want the scratching removed click on the "blue" tab
If you want a whole month click on "get data month" tab it will however remove scratching automatically once it has collected the data
Once again is some can correct this so it collects the data of the last 3 race results it would be muchly appreciated

Wise One
Just a heads up.....

I had a look at this one just the other day and noticed a couple of anomalies in its output. I discovered that the places (ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd) in some races were mispresented. Most of these anomalies seemed to occur in Bris/Syd/Melb races 7/8/9. Upon investigation I found that the races affected were those that UniTAB had declared a 'Jackpot' on; eg Quadrellas, Quinellas etc.

It seems that the code was reading the extra data line placed above the results box in these races and, hence, did not apply a first position, but did assign 2nd to the winner and 3rd to the runner up.

Anyone who has used this SS for UniTAB downloads should be aware that your data may be not exactly correct...

Den
Old 21st September 2010, 09:51 AM

I am still having trouble with downloading information from internet to excel for my horseracing information. You said about last three races from TVF. Can you please help me.