Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th July 2002, 07:24 PM

Has anyone had any experience with cr2000 rating service on the web?
I would be interested in any comments.

Regards
Old 28th July 2002, 08:07 PM

Haven't had any personal experience but having just had a quick look at the website I would be a bit careful about signing up. It looks like they haven't updated their website with results for the whole of this month and as at the end of last month the results were pretty ordinary - profit of only a couple of percent over the last year - not enough to make any decent return on.

Old 29th July 2002, 10:47 AM

I also checked it out .
I feel its not worth the effort or expense for those sort of returns.

You would be better off chasing the 2nd. & 3rd. Fav from the Teletext 2 min. before jump, & backing the stronger of the 2 for either a place sraight out or for a win straight out.

If you want a good way of splitting them , use the TABQ weight rating as shown on their internt site, http://www.tabq.com.au

You will find the majority of those types of services struggle just to break even.

So save your money & use it for the punt instead , that way if there is a stuff up, its YOUR stuff up.

Old 29th July 2002, 02:56 PM

CR2000 used to have a free 2 week trial, I'm not sure if they still do but if they do, have a look for yourself.

In about September last year I signed up for their free trial. Not to bet, just to gauge the quality of the service and ratings. One of the things they were offering (and still are I think) is that if you have a losing month on their Phase III selections, you get the next month free. After my 2 week trial I signed on for a month (they had a special for about $100 or so). That was in October.

My one month membership ended in May this year.

They're not having a great run at the minute.

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2002, 11:16 AM

Bhagwan,

when you say back the stronger of the two(2nd+2rd Fav),how do you define stronger ?

Shortest price,or better form line ?

I take your point about using the AAP rating which is on the TABQ site,but am interested in your definition of "Stronger"

Cheers,Yubet
Old 23rd August 2002, 01:11 PM

Just wondering... can someone confirm where Unitab get their ratings from and if they are available prior to the day of the race?
Old 23rd August 2002, 01:43 PM

Shy,

As yubet mentioned the ratings that Unitab list are from AAP. I don't think they are available until the morning of the race but maybe someone else can confirm this.
Old 23rd August 2002, 04:56 PM

Yubet,
as stated ,the stronger one of the 2nd. & 3rd. fav. could be the one with the best weight rating on tabq , if still a draw , take the one with best last start.

I`m sure everyone has their favourite mini handicapping systems that they like to use to seperate situations such as this.

When ever these 2nd. & 3rd. favs get up , they pay well.
The trick is ,not cancelling the horse that ends up winning , it can be very frustrating at times.

Old 23rd August 2002, 10:00 PM

I find the QTAB ratings very useful. I don't look for 2nd or 3rd favourites but consider any runner rated equal to or above the favourite. There is often a clear selection (often second or third favourite but often further down the order). At Benella R6 today, for instance, I picked up a good winner with this method.

The favourite was Dance D'or, $3.20, rated by QTAB at 96. The only horse with an equal or a better rating was #7 Trust & Betrayal, rated 100, paying $9.10. (I grabbed it on Vic TAB for $9.30). I was backing that the rating was right and punters wrong.

If there are two qualifiers I look for the better prospect comparing ratings with price. Or use last starts or whatever to separate them. Yes, very frustrating.

Where there are three or more qualifiers there are value bets but I have no luck separating them. Also frustrating.

Another use for the QTAB ratings:

*Any horse showing $10 or better with a rating of 95+.
*Where there are two or more, take the horse with the lower TAB number.

I've tested this. A big sample of 516 races (till my eyes went bleary). A remarkable return of $691, $511.40 on places, or 33% POT on winners, 25% on places on races in second half of 2001. The win/loss sequence on wins is very erratic, but on places pretty steady, except several nasty runs of outs compensated by big $30+ winners.

Picked up one of these today too. Benella R2. #3 Dancer's Belle. There were several runners in that race rated 95+ and starting at over $10. It came down to #3 or #5 Tarazam. I went with the bias towards lower TAB numbers (my mini-filter) so #3 was the selection. Dividend $11 on QTAB.

In another post Bhagwan recommended rated 100 horses as placegetters. I tested it unfiltered. Lots of placegetters certainly - a solid strike rate - but a LOT overall. The rated 100 horses are probably the nearest thing to a sure pointer to a placegetter but you need to be selective on price. Lots of rated 100 horses are short-priced favourites not worth backing.

Hermes
Old 23rd August 2002, 11:37 PM

Another idea:

Two selections per race.

1. Find the runner with the highest QTAB rating among those TAB numbers lower than the number of the favourite. Bet $4 to win.
2. Find the runner with the highest QTAB rating among those TAB numbers higher than the number of the favourite. Bet $3 to win.
3. Where the fave is #1 take the two highest QTAB ratings in the field (but not the favourite). $4 on the lower TAB number, $3 on the higher.

Only tested this over 60 races but it pays good POT in that sample.

Lots of uses for the QTAB ratings, and they're free.

Hermes