Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th February 2004, 12:33 AM

i was just looking at a well know International All Sports site...not mentioning any names here....i thought they were offering better prices then the tab i was looking at a couple of todays races and on there fixed prices they had a market as high as 153% thats a joke......and there final divi were about 118% thats on par with the tabs....i guess we have to go back to the 3 tab accounts to get the best prices....tell me who fo you think is the best to bet with for the best prices....i have a couple of accounts with a few different places but don't use them right now i have IAS/Sportodds/Best Bookies.com/Betfair as well as 2 different Tab accounts
Old 5th February 2004, 03:04 AM
puntz

As long as it wins Shaun....
By the time ya check the prices and los sleep over a few %'s, might miss a race and ya health suffers...just get the winners and the pennies will follow
Old 5th February 2004, 08:27 AM

Shaun,
I think a lot depends on WHEN you bet.
e.g live betting up to race jump or putting all your bets on early.
There is nothing any of us can do about the total market %, that is just a fact of life,
but you can definately can get a better price by shopping around just prior to the race jump.

As you know I basically work from odds so do notice a lot in this area.

For example yesterday a Gosford race with A Cory Brown ride. Tabs were around $5, IAS & sportodds were $13 & $14.

Another thing is sportodds seem to have a more accurate market early.
I have noticed on numerous occasions that IAS will show a horse being backed from say $7 into $4 yet on sportodds it was always in the $4 range.
What I can gleen from this is if you have a definate selection in the race then check sportodds and IAS early and you might find a couple of points better one to the other.

Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: kenchar on 2004-02-05 08:30 ]
Old 5th February 2004, 10:13 AM

Hello Shaun,

the following is a message I posted to another list a few weeks ago... I think it might answer your questions.... I still look for the best value at all times whenever I'm around my computer near bet time, although I can't do this on my best day of all - Saturdays - so I just use MaxiDiv or DivviPlus...

Cheers,
Chris.

Hello All,

When I first started punting about 18 months ago, I opened a STAB account and bet everything on the tote. After reading quite a bit about "seeking value", I started betting DivviPlus a bit over 5 months ago, and recently opened a edited account for their MaxiDiv product since DiviPlus is not operating all the time anymore.... I have also taken quite a few fixed odds bets either on IAS, edited or Betfair. I should also point out that I've had to bet on STAB occasionally as well, when I wasn't at home or near my computer. (I'm not betting the $50 minimums required for telephone betting just yet - but soon... :smile:.

This makes my punting quite a bit more laborious than simply betting on STAB. I used to have a program which generated a STAB betsheet, which made placing 1 or 100 bets for the day very, very easy.... None of IAS, edited or Betfair have a betsheet facility, so placing bets on these services is a whole lot more time consuming.... So.... has it been worth it?

The following figures relate to my win betting only, and assume a flat $1 on every single bet... In reality, I bet different amounts on different systems, and have actually done a little bit better than these figures show.

Over the past 6 months I've had 1708 bets for 389 wins. An overall strike rate of 22.8%. On STAB, the dividends I would have received would have been $1762.50... A Profit of $54.50 and a POT of 3.2%... Not that great.

Using all the value alternatives, my actual dividends have been $1904.35... A Profit of $196.35 and a POT of 11.5%. The extra dividend has worked out to an extra $0.36 per winner....

In my book, the extra time it takes to place the bets and look for value is well worth it.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 5th February 2004, 11:18 AM

If you're not shopping around for the best price, then you're not serious.
Old 5th February 2004, 03:28 PM

I recently switched to Centreracing. They offer best tote odds on all metrop race venues and other selected venues (internet only.) Also bookie best fluctuation on Sat meetings at least.
http://www.centreracing.com/
Percy
Old 5th February 2004, 05:54 PM

Shaun,
We have a promotion on this site that is particularly ideal for backing horses in the market in most races in Melbourne and Sydney.

1.You can get top fluctuation bookmaker odds, which often means you are betting into markets below 110%

2. You can bet each way and unlike most TF betting deals, your place bet is based on the TF odds. So if a horse firms from $5.00 to $4.00 you get $5.00 the win and $2.00 the place.

3. You can even give minimum odds with your bet. If your odds aren't available your bet's off.

Go to http://www.propun.com.au/bookmaker_betting_odds.html
Old 5th February 2004, 06:57 PM

Puntz, I can't agree with your theory as long as it wins the price isn't important.
You sound like a radio tipster who keeps on saying you won't go broke backing winners.

100% correct but if you continually take under the true price you will go broke backing short priced horses because you won't back enough of them that will win.

My opinion is price is the most important factor.

Where I bet you get the best of the 3 TABs plus a bit extra on Saturdays which will leaves the bookies prices for dead.I take the bookies price about once in every 12 bets.They have now become a joke.
Old 5th February 2004, 10:46 PM
puntz

depends.

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-02-14 04:13 ]
Old 6th February 2004, 01:02 AM

Well thanks for all the help....i might try my sportodds account out for awhile and keep a check on thier prices....i forgot to say that i was looking for fixed prices....but most bookies have a $50 min