Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th February 2005, 12:19 PM

just out of interest partypooper do you run a staking plan of any sort or do you use level stakes?

the reason i ask is that the only way i have managed to beat this game for any extended period (and make it worthwhile) is by staking, which is not the most relaxing way to spend the day but does get the job done.
Old 20th February 2005, 12:39 PM

Crash, can't do a lot with stats as I only have my own data base with my own system selections for the past 4 years (2 years actual bets), so although I can query this with things like distance etc it only applies to my system selections. But as you say somethings seem to improve s/r or POT regardless.

Davez, not really a staking plan with the place betting, but I use a % of the bank so I suppose it is really.

On my win betting I do use a staking plan (basically target betting) but it is VERY conservative with many built in safety factors, reserve banks, maximum run of outs b4 a safety brake etc. One thing that is unusual I suppose, is that I run 4 seperate banks on two coupled selections betting week to week (Sat only) this means that all my bets are worked out b4 hand and all bets are placed b4 racing. (all at maxi-divi of course)
However the selection show a LEVEL stakes profit anyway so as long as that holds up I will keep on doing what I'm doing. The selections are NOT mechanical but the staking definitly is.