Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th November 2008, 07:54 PM

Default A $4,000 lesson.

A quick word on 'Discipline'. I was having a pretty ordinary day today backing my system's selections. Finally, my last selection for the day came up and it was a longshot. I thought that given how the day had gone, I might as well just call it a day and not bother backing the selection. Sure enough, the longshot (Power of George) got up to win.

Lesson: If you have faith in your system, then back it.

Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows. *stupid*stupid*stupid*
Old 15th November 2008, 08:15 PM

Sympathies, S&S, I've done just that many times in the past but that is why I now allocate a bank for each sequence that "if you like" I am prepared to lose and stick with it through thick and thin till the last bet. In fact I have one now after today that will be on it's last bet next Saturday, but the bets will be on! anyway have a good night!
Old 15th November 2008, 08:34 PM

System selections go on Friday afternoon with out fail.....works for me
Old 16th November 2008, 06:51 AM

Hi S&S,

Interesting that you said 'If you have faith in your system' , the fact that you didnt back the selection probably means that you need to re-evaluate your thinking.

I dont mean this in a negative light , its very easy to start (also its the way our minnds work) remembering all the bad and forgetting all the good, this causes inconsistancy and losses and errors. You obviously have a system that producess as you have a decent hit out on these selections, remember that next time and I hope that you recover well.

Just to make sure I dont sound like a know it all , I left out Zipping today from my bets, and substituted someone elses selection for one of my own based on it looking the better goods ... BOTH my selections WON

Just about the smartest thing of the day I done, which was a loss upto then because of the above, was that I reluctantly backed 'Three Chances' in Towomba which was also my selection along with one other horse ..... even though it was only a half a bet I cleared the loss for the day.

My lesson as was yours is exactly the same ! We are our own worst enemy when the money goes on. Testing is gereat but unless one can replicate the cool and collecting attitude we apply to testing past data, when there is no pressure , there will be no wins, even if you have a system that works.

WE WILL FIND A WAY TO SCREW IT UP ......

Hoping that you all dont

Michal