Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th July 2012, 07:55 PM

Default 85% Returned to the Public - Hogwash

Between 2% and 5% of punters make a living out of this caper.

The return to punters from TAB's or the bookies is for arguments sake, say 85%.

So, you only have to narrow the gap between 85% and North of 100% to be in front. Wrong ..... Incorrect assumption. Included in the 85% are those punters who make their living off the punt. They could quite conceivably be taking 20% of the 85% which leaves the unwashed to fight over 65%.

How much money would be on successful stable information in each race ???

So mow you have to be better than Joe Public by greater than 50% just to break even.
Old 19th July 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
Between 2% and 5% of punters make a living out of this caper.

The return to punters from TAB's or the bookies is for arguments sake, say 85%.

So, you only have to narrow the gap between 85% and North of 100% to be in front. Wrong ..... Incorrect assumption. Included in the 85% are those punters who make their living off the punt. They could quite conceivably be taking 20% of the 85% which leaves the unwashed to fight over 65%.

How much money would be on successful stable information in each race ???

So mow you have to be better than Joe Public by greater than 50% just to break even.

Yes Barny,

But the mere fact that Joe Public bet into that odds shows that they are not to smart.

Now, I can't talk for you guys but me and myself have just realised that " If you follow the crowd " then you are doomed to mediocrity. At the moment I am working on the angle that many supposed truths in gambling on the horses are just urban myths.

Even if they are right, you can't win because the weight of money forces the price down below the break even point.

I am looking for something different, like what I posted in " The Paretto Principle " about " THE CALF PATH OF THE MIND. "
Old 19th July 2012, 09:44 PM

Star, I posted years ago about the racing myths, and was soundly howled down by those that know better. ie the 95% that are regular losers.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Star, I posted years ago about the racing myths, and was soundly howled down by those that know better. ie the 95% that are regular losers.
Mark.

I'd like to see a new thread started on them. You will not get howled down by me.

One of the ways to do it is to put a few up and let's try to see if they are Myths or Truths. Bit like that program on Pay TV. " The Myth Busters " It will go hand in hand with the Calf Path

Some people take things too seriously, but I do like the idea of ; The Myth Busters ' Maybe it might have some legs here.

Those that criticize too fiercely, do this forum a great diservice because unless you have a thick skin you will slink away never to be heard of again.

Once you have been in this game for awhile you seem to take on the persona of the norm. Sometimes, a newbie might say something out of context or is plain wrong in the context being discussed but just maybe, under different circumstances might need to be investigated further .

I am trying to look outside the square,

Star.
Old 20th July 2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Mark.

I'd like to see a new thread started on them. You will not get howled down by me.

One of the ways to do it is to put a few up and let's try to see if they are Myths or Truths. Bit like that program on Pay TV. " The Myth Busters " It will go hand in hand with the Calf Path

Some people take things too seriously, but I do like the idea of ; The Myth Busters ' Maybe it might have some legs here.

Those that criticize too fiercely, do this forum a great diservice because unless you have a thick skin you will slink away never to be heard of again.

Once you have been in this game for awhile you seem to take on the persona of the norm. Sometimes, a newbie might say something out of context or is plain wrong in the context being discussed but just maybe, under different circumstances might need to be investigated further .

I am trying to look outside the square,

Star.
I don't think we've got the type of contributors at the moment to get Myth Busters up and running. It's a completely different forum now compared to many years ago. In the "past" there was much discussion around handicapping principles, practical information regarding the horses fitness, plenty of systems and discussions, and plenty of decent threads that took up 30 odd pages, including one of my fav's the longshot method. There were people like "crash' who infuriated some, but had a wealthy of handicapping information, and was willing to share.

One of the best threads we've had for a while, Pareto Principle, originated some 6 - 7 years ago on here ....

At the moment it's more or less a trading environment.

Last edited by Barny : 20th July 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 20th July 2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I don't think we've got the type of contributors at the moment to get Myth Busters up and running. It's a completely different forum now compared to many years ago. In the "past" there was much discussion around handicapping principles, practical information regarding the horses fitness, plenty of systems and discussions, and plenty of decent threads that took up 30 odd pages, including one of my fav's the longshot method. There were people like "crash' who infuriated some, but had a wealthy of handicapping information, and was willing to share.

One of the best threads we've had for a while, Pareto Principle, originated some 6 - 7 years ago on here ....

At the moment it's more or less a trading environment.
Thanks for slapping us with paint from your almighty broad brush
Old 21st July 2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It's a completely different forum now compared to many years ago. In the "past" there was much discussion around handicapping principles, practical information regarding the horses fitness, plenty of systems and discussions, and plenty of decent threads that took up 30 odd pages....
Maybe it's because the more intelligent realise that after all that has gone before, there is no simple answer or system that will produce a consistent return in gambling?

Old 21st July 2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rails run
Thanks for slapping us with paint from your almighty broad brush

Rails Run, the topics are different that's all.
Old 21st July 2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

Smile

Hi Barny,
Here,s a question for your urban Myth start up.

"Do Lower Weighted Horses Run Faster than their Higher Weighted Rivals."

Cheers
darky
Old 22nd July 2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Hi Barny,
Here,s a question for your urban Myth start up.

"Do Lower Weighted Horses Run Faster than their Higher Weighted Rivals."

Cheers
darky

I'm sure The Myth Busters thread won't go ahead, maybe you could start it up darkydog?