Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th October 2012, 05:37 PM

Default A 13% POT

METRO
1100m to 1800m
Handicap
Weight increase of > 0.5 kg
Days between runs 7 to 21
Runs since spell 2 to 4
SP $4 to $20
Career Sts 10 to 20
No sts at the distance
Last start placing 4th to 24th

POT of 13%
Old 25th October 2012, 05:54 PM

LG, let's not engage YKW 'coz all that happens is potentially good threads get clogged up or even closed down. Waddyareckon ?? I'm in !!

Last edited by Barny : 25th October 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:39 PM

All Agreed and so shall it be, Barny...
A good opportunity to master uncertainty!

Cheers LG
Old 25th October 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
A good opportunity to master uncertainty!

Cheers LG

lol
Old 25th October 2012, 06:57 PM

Whoops ..... Forgot one bit of important info from my original post

Selections 599
Winners 84

And worthwhile noting that excluding No sts at the distance (ie ZERO sts at the distance) the result is a LOT of 14%, so that's a fair turnaround really !?
Old 25th October 2012, 06:59 PM

What I find to be most helpful when coming across a profitable set of conditions is to plot the returns over time - by that I mean 13% return is great but not if, for example, it all occurred in one month of a 12 month cycle.

All the rules appear sensible & the starts at distance/sp requirements help to inject value, nice one if it is consistent.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norisk
What I find to be most helpful when coming across a profitable set of conditions is to plot the returns over time - by that I mean 13% return is great but not if, for example, it all occurred in one month of a 12 month cycle.

All the rules appear sensible & the starts at distance/sp requirements help to inject value, nice one if it is consistent.
Couldn't agree more norisk, but it's more work than I care to do. It shows a 10% profit taking into account the max div, so that's something. I'll look at Vic and NSW and get back to you, coz my testing shows that if they're both in profit then it's a reliable system. I posted on here under Un-Flaming-Believable a huge difference between Vic and NSW, one showed a good POT the other a LOT, and I'm no nearer to finding out why. My posts of results for systems are to demonstrate that the inclusion of one unusual or unpopular filter can have a huge upside in the POT.

Maybe my posts on POT's are useful, maybe they're not ..... but I'll keep whacking a few up, and will put the proviso in from now on, that further testing needs to be done over each individual interval during the whole period, and testing also needs to be done in each individual state. I certainly don't want to mislead those who are new to this caper, and that's why I've been reluctant to post systems in the past.

Also there's quite a few systems on here claiming decent POT's, esp years ago, that under my testing show a LOT !! So it really is Caveat Emptor, 'cept you aint paying nothin', but I don't want to mislead the newbies.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:27 PM

Strewth ... Vic 27% POT, NSW 37% POT, QLD 22% POT, SA and WA disasters.

The challenge is to understand why and I ain't got the time nor the motivation to test and test and test, but if you get the grey matter working you could come up with a logical explanation as to why SA and WA are a disaster.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up

I enjoy your posts such as this one. A mentor of mine who lived a very good life on the punt used to say - NEVER say that a horse can't run a particular distance if it hasn't tried it.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Vortech

Have you considered the average blood count of the winners and the average centripetal force.