Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th March 2013, 05:31 PM

Not strictly true Bernie.
As stated, it does not hurt to refine/tweak ones own strategies.
Old 9th March 2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie
To TO as well
Yeah you may have your own but can you prove they are profitable? I doubt it. Be like michaelg and give something instead of taking.

Of course we are all willing to learn, that is why I am here. But when people cry out "Oh please can I have it too" it only says one of two things, they are too lazy to do your own research or they are losing on the punt. Simple!

Bernie. I see you have put your hand up too. Everybody still has much to learn. Observing from the side and making judgements of others is erroneous and reflects only on you. Almost everybody gives, usually to their own level at the time. Unless one takes the opportunities to learn one does not mature. Whether someone is making a profit or losing is no concern of yours ever. Beton
Thank you Vortech for making the offer
Old 9th March 2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Bernie. Whether someone is making a profit or losing is no concern of yours ever. Beton
lol I never said it did.

Last edited by bernie : 9th March 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 9th March 2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
To TO as well
Yeah you may have your own but can you prove they are profitable? I doubt it. Be like michaelg and give something instead of taking.

Of course we are all willing to learn, that is why I am here. But when people cry out "Oh please can I have it too" it only says one of two things, they are too lazy to do your own research or they are losing on the punt. Simple!
How long do you consider to be the test of time, Bernie.
Old 9th March 2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Ill post them to a new thread starting on monday.
Vortech, I reckon I've got every system posted on here including the rationale and discussion behind the systems. I'll add to your thread in many ways, with systems, and including some of the commentary from the past but certainly won't post the systems that I punt. This is not the stockmarket where the more that get on board the better, this is the opposite, the divs / systems could easily take a nosedive. I recall posting a few systems on here and mostly they got pooh poohed because the POT wasn't big enough, or the SR was too small. Strangely, in the past, these types of posts led to a lot of discussion and the ultimate development of a better system or it was consigned to the rubbish bin. I got more from the discussion than I did from the publication of raw data. Maybe most want the finished article without the hard work these days?!

As gambling is full of all the psychological traits known to man and then some, everyone's opinion is valid ..... could be interpreted as the more mugs involved the better. WHO SAID THAT ?????!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Barny : 9th March 2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 9th March 2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
If you bothered to look at my posts you would see that I don't gamble. Gambling is for losers unless you have found the Holy Grail. I prefer to keep my money in the bank.

The only reason you don't gamble is because you lose, you've admitted as much and it's sensible that you abstain. Lots of punters would wish they had your wisdom and willpower on that score Bernie !!
Old 9th March 2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
How long do you consider to be the test of time, Bernie.
Hi speedy. How long is a piece of string? I've been studying systems for over 45 years and I'm still to be convinced there is a winning system or Holy Grail. Yes, I agree there is luck and some have it, most don't.

There is a system posted on this forum some time ago that I thought was a winner. I recorded results for over 1,000 races. For the first 500 races it was making about 15% POT but after that it was all down hill. I tweaked it this way and that but could never get it back on track. So, in answer to your question, the sky's the limit. There is no test of time. Gambling is gambling and we know who wins in the end. Very seldom is it the punter although many like to make out they do in the anonymity of forums like this.

By the way, I'm always available to meet with anyone who wishes to prove otherwise. Those avid gamblers will have heard of a guy named Turbo Genius, a man who said he never lost whenever he played roulette. I offered to pay his airfares from the States and accommodation also if he could prove it. I'm still waiting.
Old 9th March 2013, 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Barny)Lots of punters would wish they had your wisdom and willpower on that score Bernie !![/QUOTE]

It's not wisdom and willpower it's common sense.
Old 9th March 2013, 08:26 PM

people like you bernie are the reason I don't post often here...I have been studying systems for a long time and I have shared here before but no one answered. "Be like michaelg and give something instead of taking."
Recently I have added to the Top sires thread so stop your silly accusations and grow up. As I said, I have always liked to keep learning and developing my systems further. I am always willing to give, that is in my nature. I would much rather develop my own systems than use someone elses.

Old 9th March 2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Hi speedy. How long is a piece of string? I've been studying systems for over 45 years and I'm still to be convinced there is a winning system or Holy Grail. Yes, I agree there is luck and some have it, most don't.

Gambling is gambling and we know who wins in the end. Very seldom is it the punter although many like to make out they do in the anonymity of forums like this.

Hi Bernie. If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal for you in being here? If you are so convinced that no-one here wins consistently (whether that be 10%, 5%, 3% or 1%) then why bother to continue seek out what is already a 'truth' for you?

Does you view on gambling extend to life in general i.e. life is a gamble and we know who wins in the end. Also, what would the 'holy grail' be for you, if such a thing did exist?

Just curious.

Cheers LG