Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd June 2014, 06:19 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Who do you beleive?

Those old enough to remember Prof Julies Sumner Miller would recall his famous quote, "Why is it so?"

How can a reputable Tote and Exchange publish a different winner of a race? Tatts was the right outcome. It can only make you wonder about the accuracy of Betfair historical data. A race from Saturday attached. Nice payout for those that Backed Double Event with Betfair, $288.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg who do you beleive.JPG (47.5 KB, 575 views)
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:32 AM

Did you find this because they didn't pay? I never check that I have been paid out correctly, curious to know how often there is a mistake.
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

Cool

I,d say as rare a hens teeth Fred.
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Bit of a worry, doesn't make for a lot of confidence in their historical data I would have thought
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:04 PM

I believe "time is money".

Not much to contribute from me lately, but I do my races, read up here, waiting and waiting for the dust to settle with all this getting banned stuff, wrong information etc.

My Excel "nightmare VBA codes" sort of work, I still get my selections, bet, wins some, lose some, win again and on it goes.

I can't post selections or tips for that matter cos it's in real time, ( not that I use any tips, but appreciate those who do post tips from a comparative nature after the event), thank you all.

My point is, if I was to do Betfairs, ratings, subscriptions etc etc etc, upgrade the PC cos XP may suffer an overload...., if I was to run around like a headless chook, there be more time wasted than trying to get a bet on a with run of the mill TAB,( Tatts, NSW, VicTab etc) .

I believe me and what works, and what works is I know my car rego. is due soon, I go to the TAB, withdraw the right amount of cash, then pay the car rego in person. None of this on-line stuff, too munch dependence on the internet for too much is like walking on eggshells.

I'm venturing back to the track soon, away from the PC screen, I think I now know enough "feel" to compute what my Excel does at a track once every so often.
This may get these dwidle-eyed corporates to take notice, we do not neeeed them, we can always go back to basics, a day out at the races, sniff some horse dung, a pie, tea,coffee, beer if you must, a good look around, and a bet.

That's what I believe.
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredTheMug
Did you find this because they didn't pay? I never check that I have been paid out correctly, curious to know how often there is a mistake.

No, I was checking results of a system and when I came across the Betfair result, I thought, "there goes that system!". I just couldn't believe the result, although with the number of longshots getting up of late, maybe I could? Still in denial I checked another Betfair portal, still the same, then went to Tatts, Unibet and The Harness Association and found a different result.

Like where's the quality control? Remember the movie the "The Sting". Didn't they broadcast a false result, get the payout and shoot through? There's obviously some unhappy Betfair backers ~ layers and one or two very happy ones.
Old 23rd June 2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Surely they didnt settle based on that result? Anyone on the wrong side would have started kicking & screaming, at least I know I would have.
Old 23rd June 2014, 02:10 PM

I checked my history and it turns out that I had a lay on Double Event, and they paid out correctly. The bad news is that I only had 7c matched. That 7c was left makes me suspect that an arber beat me to it.
Old 23rd June 2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
Remember the movie the "The Sting". Didn't they broadcast a false result, get the payout and shoot through?.

That is why I think it's a bad idea to use ratings from a single source. Slipping in a bad rating and laying it on Betfair would be the perfect crime. Would be better to produce your own ratings using Ratings2Win.
Old 23rd June 2014, 03:00 PM

Not sure I follow some of the replies here???
But this is not the first time Betfair has messed up the winner.
They constantly have non runners still in their data and prices that are impossible to be plausible.
Their PPWAP and MORNINGWAP prices are way out of whack, how can $1.00 have only been traded on an odds on favourite????
And then the PPWAP be odds of $1.00.

There are only two ways to get any semblence of accuracy.
1. Turnover money on each and every race for your own recording purposes.
2. Write code that captures the data you need.

Your eyes will boggle when you try and match it to their own published data

And this actually makes me wonder, how on earth can the bfsp calculations be accurate that you get.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 23rd June 2014 at 03:03 PM.