Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th September 2006, 07:53 AM

Default Computer issues

Yesterday I had problems all day when either refreshing, looking at dfs, trying to put a bet on etc etc.
The problem being that 80% of the time it goes to an error page.
I then have to close the site, open it and relog in.
I was hoping it was a hiccup only yesterday, but I just went to log in and get the same thing, it won't let me just goes to an error page.
Anyone out there experiencing the same????
Old 15th September 2006, 08:14 AM

Angry

yes mate yesterday i had the same problem. ive had enough so ive now joined unitab. also thinking of joining ias but not sure just yet. ill still keep the nsw one open because i like the dfs form. honestly for such a big company they are a joke and one guy on the radio said that the past the post divvies will not be final until the problem is fixed sometime in the coming months!!! your got to be kidding, how can they take that long??? i wouldnt buy shares in the company for the simple reason is i hope they go broke and someone with a bit of brains can get in their and fix this garbage up once and for all. i know that them going broke is a virtual million to one but i hope they do. these top blokes are useless and there getting overpaid for doing nothing.

good luck today chika

regards breadman
Old 15th September 2006, 08:50 AM

thanx for that info on ias. ill give that a miss now. betezy is where i do win and quinella betting but they have no multi options. so i really need a site that can provide that. unitab pools are too small for multis in doubles and quinellas. trifectas are ok. anyway i thought nsw and vic were combining their pools?? whens this going to happen. suppose cant ask for too much they cant even get the simple things done properly yet, god only knows what would happen if they combined the pools as well. probably wouldnt be able to put a bet on full stop. anyway mate hope things get better for you. im also wondering whats going to happen at carnival time in melbourne this year. nsw cant handle it when they were by themselves whats going to happen now there a joint venture!!!

regards breadman
Old 15th September 2006, 09:14 AM

What an amazing corporate joke.
They should have known there were going to be problems with any tests that one would normally run.
This tells me that non were done based on average day of oporation.
Only hyperthetical testing .

Its hard to beleive that a multi-million dollar enterprise is so inept at what they are paid very handsomely to do.

You could pay those guys $100M ,the result would be the same.
They are the wrong dudes for the gig.

Maybe they should be running a parrallel system to iron out any bugs.
Maybe they should use the same system QLD TAB uses & scrap theirs , its written off with deprciation anyway.

One must have rocks in their head ,to think that new components to a system should be run with no saftey net.

I feel NSW TAB has been allowed to run its resources down so low that it cant cope with the extra work load.
Look how slow it has always been & complicated ,compared to UniTAB.

Thank goodness that they were not allowed to get their bumbling hands on UniTAB.

I feel if the problems they are having will take a few months to fix , maybe every one should move up a grade & just open up a QLD UniTAB a/c for a few months , that should fix their problems.
No punters - No Problem.
You see, if there werent all those needy punters out there using the system , they might be able to get some work done.

Try not to remain a victim of anothers ineptitude , there are other options e.g. UniTAB , this has always been easier & faster to use anyway.

If every one did this , they definitly would loose $10's of millions in turnover.
Lets see if human nature does what phsycologists say humans will do in these circumstances , which is ,humans do not like moving out of their known comfort zone , no matter how bad it gets.
e.g. Banks instead of Credit unions.

I dont feel they think there is any rush to fix anything , it might get sorted in a few months , it might not ... so what! ... I have still got a job.. dont rush me ..they dont pay me enough to worry about such minor things.

Riddle.
Q:How many NSW TAB Members of the Board does it take to fix a flickering neon light bulb.

A: Non , theres nothing wrong with it the way it is.

Cheers.
Old 15th September 2006, 10:22 AM

The ONLY good thing about the current site is the live video streaming.

I find it really annoying that to see the results I have to go off the normal page, (can't just refresh to see the dividends). Of course you can hit F5, but you risk an error page

The Account balance is very annoying also.
The balance sits on the top of the page and you can't refresh it, unless you place a bet, or you go to "my account", but that brings up a ************ pop up.

I don't want it that way.

Why won't they listen!

Bhagwan, the more money you pay people, the more they take the job for granted and don't care.

More money equals more stuff ups.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 15th September 2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
The ONLY good thing about the current site is the live video streaming.

I find it really annoying that to see the results I have to go off the normal page, (can't just refresh to see the dividends). Of course you can hit F5, but you risk an error page

The Account balance is very annoying also.
The balance sits on the top of the page and you can't refresh it, unless you place a bet, or you go to "my account", but that brings up a ************ pop up.

I don't want it that way.

Why won't they listen!

Bhagwan, the more money you pay people, the more they take the job for granted and don't care.

More money equals more stuff ups.
  1. Live (Delayed) Video Streaming is about 15 sec behind the kick.... been caught before
  2. Refresh Balance is absolutely Shizzenhausen
  3. Approx Mulit Dividends is no existant
It's a joke...
Old 15th September 2006, 10:41 AM

The biggest problem I had with the site the other day, was when I pressed submit for a bet. The error page came up. I then tried again, and the site just came up with the normal page that when you can't access a website.

Once I finally submitted this bet. I suddenly realised that it had deducted the money from my account from the other bets that they said didn't go through.

Im only thankful I was trying out the "Flexi option" had it been a normal bet selection and gone through three times for a loss. I would not be very happy.

And there was no-way to show that the bets went through as my account balance didn't refresh. And if the page comes up with error you only presume that it didn't go through, as there was NO information to show that I had placed the bet. They say to print your bet slip - but I was deprived of that option.

Its a real pity its happening.
Old 15th September 2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

Smile Breadman

I have never experienced a problem with IAS myself and find their service 1st class.

Cheers.
darky
Old 15th September 2006, 11:11 AM

Can I ask why anyone would want a TAB account these days?

You can get better exotic divs with IAS and not interfere with the pool. The win place divs are laughable. Trebles etc available on most Corporate sites.

Seems the only outcome from betting with the TAB is to waste money.
Old 15th September 2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammers
Can I ask why anyone would want a TAB account these days?

I need an account to see the live streaming
I need an account to access the DFS
I like to bet and be able to deposit and withdraw anywhere straight away.
I don't posses or want a credit card.
Sometimes the dividends are actually better than offered elsewhere (in certain cases).
I also use my TAB account as a bank - no fees, easy access
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg