Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th February 2004, 11:59 AM

Sportz, let me answer this one so your time can be freed up for more productive things (like betting, refining, etc).

Alblyn, Hersey is carrying 59kg which exceeds the 58kg maximum under the Top Weight rules and is therefore NOT a selection plus there is NO "under 1200m plan" as far as I know and even if there was, Quesadilla (Mackay R4-2)is not the top weight and horses winning their last 2 starts are eliminated so it doesn't qualify in a number of ways.

Having said that, it may just go on and win (or place) but it won't run as a selection for the system.

Sportz, please add anything else you feel is necessary.
Old 10th February 2004, 01:01 PM
Member.

Yeah, you're correct with Heresy having too much weight for the Number 1 system, Michael. However, I think Alblyn might have been thinking about the Topweights system which looks at horses 2kgs + above the rest. Well, I only operate that system on city tracks these days and in any case, Heresy didn't actually qualify anyway.

The 'under 1200m plan' that our friend referred to is on Page 4 of the 'Favourites winning sprint races' thread. If you have a look, I had a go at creating a system for pre-post favourites in races up to 1200m. At first, I thought it looked promising, but when I delved deeper into the results, it isn't that great after all, so I don't think I'll use it. No stopping anyone else from playing around with it though. The selections today are Heresy at Port Macquarie and Spenbar Crown and Quesadilla at Mackay.

I think I might have to start another thread where I explain in a bit more detail all the rules to these systems and any refinements and changes I've made. Some people on here may be a bit new to racing and can't quite get the hang of it all.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-02-10 13:43 ]
Old 10th February 2004, 02:07 PM

Totally forgot about that one you trialled.....you've got so many good systems going they all sort of blend into each other especially as a lot of the filters are quite similar. You have to keep your wits about you to make sure a simple mistake is not made.

Just in case you're interested, I've decided to concentrate on

1) Top Weights system - win betting (metro)
2) Outside Barrier specials - place betting
3) No1 system - place betting

On past results these 3 systems should provide anywhere between 40 & 60+ bets each month and that's more than enough for me to handle. I am hoping to achieve an average 15-20% POT in the long term resulting in approx 8-10 units profit per month......so here's hoping it all goes to plan. :smile:

In the meantime I think I'll let you handle the questions and answers. :roll:
Old 10th February 2004, 02:16 PM
Member.

Okay, good luck! :smile:
Old 10th February 2004, 02:51 PM

Hi Sportznut.
Your systems are a beauty
To-day Port Macquarie
race 8 (1000m)
No 1
Air of Grace
63kgs +3kg
(tdw)
Pre-post $6.00 (Sun-Herald)
(Qualifies under Top-Weight No1 Rule)
I think
Old 10th February 2004, 03:10 PM
Member.

Thanks for that.

About 3 weeks ago, I actually decided to only use the Topweights plan on city races, because the selections have a much better record there than in country races. Air Of Grace is a good mare and she could win today, but she won't be an official selection.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-02-10 15:20 ]