Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th January 2005, 11:10 PM

Post Trifecta System

Hi Folks,
I'm only a recent recruit but I've had a lot of pleasure from reading the threads on these forums and would like to make a contribution.
I have an idea for a system for trifecta betting which I would like to test out over several months of Saturday racing. The trouble is I have to enter all the data for sometimes 16 - 18 horses for 6 or 7 races per meeting for four meetings per weekend all in longhand as it were into Excel. After entering just a few weeks of data I'm starting to go cross eyed. Does anybody out there have an easier way to get this data from a database to Excel to test my theories? Obviously if every member of the forum were to have access to the system(should it prove to be any good) the tri divi would disappear through the floor, so I would rather restrict distribution of my idea for this system to just one or two, preferably one.
I would like to stress that this system was not created by fitting results into a pattern and then trying to repeat them as most of my previous inglorious failures have been. Rather, I had an idea, created a system based on that idea and tested it.
So far in the 8 weeks that I've looked back at it has found:
13/11/04 Bris R3 $14732 for $60,
18/09/04 Syd R8 $11147 for $60
plus several smaller divs ranging from a few dollars to a a couple of grand but to be honest, an awful lot of races where I didn't even get a placed horse.

If anyone can help I'd be pleased to hear.
Cheers
Old 26th January 2005, 12:34 AM

I run my own database and query it in excel, returning all manner of detail about every horse, meaning of course that all I have to do is input the fields. I am sure I could help you. Let me know if you'd like to give it a crack.

Duritz.
Old 26th January 2005, 05:55 AM
Suspended.

Hi Foxwood,

I'd be interested to know the reason you are backing so many races ? Without wanting to know your system rules, Is it a numbers system ?

Even with the Tri. there is seldom more than 3 or 4 races [often less] that make sense to bet on at any meeting.

Unless you are laying horses on Betfair for very small % wins, to make a profit, quality of the selection process generally thrashes the quantity method.
Old 26th January 2005, 10:34 AM

Arrow Help with Trifecta System

Hey FoxWood,
I can certainly help if you ned it. I run a program for my systems so I just enter in the criteria and it pulls up the selections for me, and I have data running for roughly 4 years, I can then easily enter them into Excel with additional stats if you like. If you want me to give it a go please contact me at laish at optusnet dot com dot au. Also if it helps I have my own system for trifectas that I use so therefore I would not be looking at useing yours, if this helps to decide. It has pulled up 100% profit above turnover and 470% on First Fours.
Old 26th January 2005, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the replies fellas.

LAISH, I'll e-mail you within the next few hours with some details and take you up on your offer.

DURITZ, Ditto the above if you post an email address.

CRASH, You are probably right about looking at too many races. From what I have done so far it seems that I should concentrate on large(ish) fields and no 2 or 3 y.o. races.

Good luck this afternoon to anyone having a try.
Old 27th January 2005, 12:51 AM

Send to me at kingsandmadmen with after that the @ symbol of course and then hotmail dot com. Would be interested to see how I can help, and of course perhaps improve upon.

Duritz.
Old 27th January 2005, 01:42 AM
Banned

A question the people in here who have stored Excel results, which must be very time consuming. Is that do you people make a profit? If so how great and do you think its worth all the effort? Also how many people in here who have there own mathematical system add form analysis into the equation to increase winnings?
Old 27th January 2005, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveadip
Also how many people in here who have there own mathematical system add form analysis into the equation to increase winnings?

Good question. This is one of the difficult things about system betting. If you use systems, often they come up with selections that you don't honestly think can win or in races where you think another horse has superior form. As a result, I always mix systems AND form analysis. A good example was Caulfield R7 yesterday. The new system I'm trialling picked Trick Or Treating, but in my own mind, Hollow Bullet was basically a good thing. So I backed them both, having more on Hollow Bullet because of the shorter price. Then again, I am used to backing more than 1 horse per race. I do that 90% of the time. For people that like to back just 1 horse per race, I'm not sure what they do.
Old 27th January 2005, 07:58 AM

Haveadip,

I've just read your question again and I'm not sure I answered you properly there.
Old 27th January 2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Na thats the response i was after for the third question, thanks. Just interested to see how many people have purely mathamatical systems that are succesful.