Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th March 2005, 07:03 PM

Smile rating service

I don't know if I am allowed to ask this on this forum but here goes, (and apologies in advance if needed)
Does anybody subsribe to the ************** ratings service and if so are they quality?
I am thinking of giving them a go as I do not have the time to do my own and I don't mind paying for a reasonably accurate rating service.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31st March 2005, 06:35 AM

You will find the SR of their top 5 is less than the top 5 rankings in the pre-post market as is with most rating services.
Pre -post top 5 is 75%
Rating services 66%

They may argue that their`s is greater value in their results , but once again the pre-post market percentage was stronger in that its percentage loss on turnover was less , this goes for most other rating services.
Top 2 in prepost wins 45% rating services is around 36%
I`m talking about 5 well known & respected services.

Over 5000 races I found they all had very similar percentages.
The value comes into it if you can target their top 2 selections & bet the one you feel is the best to bet on .

One way to do this is bet the one you want to win for $4 & the other bet $1.00 as a saver , but only if they are both paying $3.50+ at jump time.

You will find they are much the same because they anaylis pure form & form is form therefor the shorter prices, but now & then they pull the odd big payer & this can make all the difference.
Old 31st March 2005, 01:26 PM
Banned

Smile BGHWAN.

Spot on BGHWAN.

Cheers.
darky.
Old 31st March 2005, 02:12 PM

Wink

Bhagwan

Just in relation to those stats. Are the ratings services rating all races on a program or selected races. Surely you could improve the stats if you looked at certain types of races. ie: maybe races where the top pick is well in advance of the rest or something similar etc.
Old 31st March 2005, 05:21 PM

Good stuff Bhagwan, I can see why you asked me which ratings service I subscribe to now. Just as a matter of interest, referring to something Crash pinpointed, do those ratings and/or prepost stats improve or otherwise if restricted to 1250m to 1950m ???
Old 31st March 2005, 05:31 PM
Administrator

For a competitively priced racing service which concentrates on selective Saturday races we suggest you go to www.propun.com.au/racing_services.html
Old 31st March 2005, 07:16 PM

Smile

Hi management, whilst I haven't first hand experience of the Pro-pun ratings I feel fairly confident, however the problem as I see it, is that one has to purchase a lot of other stuff whether one wants it or not, and also have to shell out for a whole year, when it may not be what is wanted. How about offering a 1 months trial $ pro-rata, (or FREE, worth a try) followed by a 1year sub??
Old 31st March 2005, 07:59 PM

Wink

I hope this is'nt seen as any competition to management, excuse if it is.

Have any forumites seriously thought about starting up their own tipping/ratings service. Can anyone tell me what would go into setting up something like that, the work and time involved and of course the cost?

My interest is piqued due to Bhagwans disclosure of stats.
I know for sure I could supply ratings - Top 3 on selected races - with a winning strike rate in 65% of races, obviously higher if I was to extend to Top 5.
I notice propun advertising that they tipped Grand Memories first up at big odds. Also found by yours truly in Top 3.

Would really be interested to hear from any persons who have the knowledge.
Old 1st April 2005, 07:10 AM

Thanks for the replies fellas, although the water just seems to be getting murkier by the minute.
Top Rank I would be more than interested in your ratings if the strike rate is better than 60 odd %, perhaps you could email me and we could talk.
jfimmer @ ourbrisbane dot com

i have been round and round this game and I think that if one has a good set of ratings and stakes them wisely one could just get ahead of the mob.
Again, thanks for the replies.
Old 1st April 2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

Smile THE BEST RATING SERVICE.

Is the BOOKMAKERS OPENING PRICES.
If your not betting AT THE TRACK you should be in order to gain the BEST
prices between bookmaker to bookmaker to tote..

Cheers.
darky.