Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th March 2013, 09:09 AM

Default To Barny

Barny, I can't recall the author but Sportznut springs to mind. You have already mentioned it amongst a host of other systems. It was an outsider plan where the total of the last 3 starts had to add up to 18 or more with a couple of filters added. Something like that. You will recall it immediately I'm sure. A very long thread. I found it most successful using TAB #1-5.

FYI Barny I have read and re-read the threads on this forum over and over and over again so please don't tell me to do some research or that there are profitable systems (even with, added filters) because I sure can't find one. Admittedly some systems appear viable when posted but by the end of the thread ..... you know the answer to that. There were some great contributors in the early years. Most have long departed. It's not hard to see the reason why.

You asked me for the above information which I have given you, now please point me in the direction to a profitable long term system presented on this forum.

Sorry LG, TO, Speedy and cosmos. Management closed the thread before I could reply to you.
Old 10th March 2013, 09:19 AM

In my opinion (and in response to the other thread really), most of us on this "systems" forum are trying our own systems all the time. We come here to see if there is something that we can use or tweak.

Most of us don't list the system here for fear that it may actually work and, therefore, be stolen by someone who will publish it which then turns a profitable system into just another unprofitable system as the prices will come in on a backing system and go out on a laying system.

Of course I would like to see systems mentioned here as much as possible but, IMHO, I think the reason is as above. Also the forum curse usually strikes first day even when you have trialed it for weeks. So embarrassment may also be an issue.

That's what I think anyway.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 10th March 2013, 11:52 AM
Banned

very true TO, my last pitiful effort bought the forum curse to life quick smart
Old 10th March 2013, 12:50 PM

Spot on TO.
Mark is a classic example. He makes a living off the punt but the few times he has started a thread with the selections it seems to go belly up on him.
Old 10th March 2013, 12:57 PM

Don't be fooled Jose, I had an average Saturday win using the method I outlined in detail on here some time age, which wins day after day after day. It more than made up for the small loss from my posted lays.
Old 10th March 2013, 01:18 PM

I remember Mark's selection method with an in-built staking plan.
Infact i have a copy of that thread somewhere.
Then yes, it went belly up for a while. Among other things, it got it's own members only forum.
And it even got dedicated programmers having a field day to. Where are they now ?!!

The best part is, it's portable, meaning i can use it anywhere and no computers internet required.

Again, thank you Mark.

Sometimes the simplest things are missed.
One programmer i do have respect for said this,
"We get so hung up on minute details, we then miss the obvious".
Old 10th March 2013, 01:22 PM

Thumbs up

I didn't mean to single you out Mark, sorry.
I know you make a living of the punt, but the old forum curse seems to get 'em eevry time.
That method you mention, is that the "Race 5 onwards laying the first fav for a set amount, and then the 2nd and 3rd fav to break square' one?
Understand if you don't want to answer that too.
Old 10th March 2013, 01:31 PM

I haven't "got" this forum curse everyone keeps propping up, what's this "forum curse" ?
Old 10th March 2013, 02:23 PM

Thumbs up

Don't know if you are serious or not Puntz, so the benefit of the doubt goes to you.
The "Forum Curse" is what happens when you put a method/system up publicly and it the proceeds to self destruct in full public view. Usually after having worked for ages beforehand, and more than likely to work forever after.

Hope this helps.
Old 10th March 2013, 02:41 PM

Bernie, that was the longshot method by punter57. A brilliant read but I couldn't get it in to profit, didn't try too hard at the time tho'.