Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st September 2013, 03:34 PM

The interesting thing so far is that not one of the stable runners has won when it has been deemed a no bet under my race filters.

Old 1st September 2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosMos
The interesting thing so far is that not one of the stable runners has won when it has been deemed a no bet under my race filters.
And also that not many showing an interest?

LG
Old 1st September 2013, 05:26 PM

and yet over 700 views...I guess a system that takes a bit of hard work is beyond most...

Old 1st September 2013, 06:15 PM

Cosmos,

I think the interesting thing about your approach is in following a quality stable of novices until they win under certain conditions, and replenishing it as you go (if that is what you are doing). Staying focused on a niche play is surely key to winning long term on the punt, or at least half the challenge. Unless of course you have built a collection/portfolio of these but even then, you are still executing on them one at a time.The effort would seem to be in the recording and monitoring of the stable but this could be automated to a degree.

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 1st September 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 1st September 2013, 08:18 PM

thanks LG, maiden winners can come from anywhere so narrowing down the better bred ones to follow is a must. Combining the sire along with the female line means that hopefully the right number of good genes will get through.

The hard part is quantifying the sires, once done it is then easy to narrow down the maiden to follow. Allowing for age and just 2 race filters to point to when they should be bet works for me. I have tried building different systems for many years and time and time again it comes back to keeping it simple...just 2 important race filters.

I need many more maidens to follow to get consistent betting, a small stable means weeks without a bet. Think I am on to something here so will keep on going.

cheers, Rich

Old 26th September 2013, 01:25 PM

thought i had gone didn't you LOL...anyway, latest member of my stable.

King's Rock (3c) by Fastnet Rock (AUS) out of Nureyev's Girl (AUS) by Nureyev (USA)
11 September 2013 Te Rapa Maiden 1400m
Dam Line: 4M Magnolia (1841) by Glencoe out of Myrtle. Through Maggie B.B. (1867) by Australian out of Madeline. Through elite mare Mock Orange (1959) by Dedicate out of Alablue.
Dam Line Production: Nureyev's Girl (Nureyev) 4f-4r-3w 1SW (G1W King's Rose); Lakab (Manila) 13f-11r-8w 3SW (LW European Rose, G3W Hessonite, LW Roanoke); River Lullaby (Riverman) 11f-8r-6w 3SW (G3W Run Softly, G2W Wixim, G3W Berceau)
Dam Rating: +2.0
Dam Line rating: +7.38
Cross: Fastnet Rock x Nureyev 6f-4r-3w 1SW
Cross rating: +2.00
Linebreeding: Northern Dancer 4x5x3x5x5, Natalma 5x5x6x4x6x6
Pedigree analysis: Northern Dancer (5) 28.1%, Natalma (6) 17.2%, Nearco (13) 9.6%, St Simon (175) 7.5%, Hyperion (11) 6.4%.

King's Rock is a 3yo colt that I noticed before his first start at Te Rapa on 11 Sept. 2013 when he was in last few, made run turn but plenty to do straight, strong run from 200m to just get up. There is more in this impeccably bred colt trained by Jason Bridgman. With 5 lines of Northern Dancer and and extra line of his dam Natalma, 6 in all, and a powerful stakes winning female line close up travelling back via reines Mock Orange and her dam Alablue to reine Maggie B.B. The sensational aspect of his pedigree though is his relationship with G1 winner Anabandana. King's Rock is by a grandson of Danzig out of Nureyev's Girl by Nureyev out of Lakab. Anabandana is by a son of Danzig out of Great Notice, a full sister to Nureyev's Girl.

Watch this fellow. Had him selected before I knew about his relationship with Anabandana.

Old 26th September 2013, 04:51 PM

Good find Cosmos. Are you going to update your spreadsheet on the website out of interest?

Cheers LG
Old 26th September 2013, 05:50 PM

will do LG, have been doing some in depth research on other ways to choose a horse to follow...cheers, Rich

Old 26th September 2013, 07:07 PM

all updated and still a healthy 127% profit. Let's see if the non winners left will produce (fingers crossed)

Old 26th September 2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosMos
all updated and still a healthy 127% profit. Let's see if the non winners left will produce (fingers crossed)
Thanks CosMos. It's contributors like you that make this place a great one.

Cheers LG