Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd March 2005, 10:03 PM

Default What are the implications of running concurrent systems?

Hi guys.

Suppose you were running three different systems to increase your overall turnover.

What effect would this have on the betting bank and would it affect your longest run of losses? Are there any other considerations to be made?

I'd also like to know how people arrive at their conclusions.

Alex.
Old 24th March 2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

Default A REAL TRAP.

Running 3 DIFFERENT systems with only 1 bank is a real trap that many of us have fallen into.
Every individual system will have its own win /loss ratio.One can never be sure if 1 or even 2 will go through a long run of outs wiping out the bank.
I tried the same idea some years ago with disasterous results.
Best to stick with an individual bank for EACH system.
In my opinion each bank should cater for 100 losing bets between you and a wipeout for safety reasons.
This nonsense sprouted by the system sellers and other nong nongs of betting 5 % of bank without reducing has lead many punters to the poorhouse.
If anything can be relied upon in racing its that a long run of outs is inevieatable at some point in your racing career and you never know where it will begin or end.
Always be on the cautious side.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 24th March 2005, 12:12 PM

I totally agree with darky, except I'm a bit more cautious and bet 1 / 200th of my bank.
Separate bank for each system is a must. If each system is able to stand on it's own - with it's own bank - then the three must work in parallel.
The argument against one bank is simple and logical. If your systems are picking accurately they should pick the same horses a lot of the time (taking it to the extreme if they are perfect systems picking the ideal horse, albeit by different methods, then they will pick the same horse all the time).
Ergo a run of outs (presumably caused by bad luck since you have such good systems) will be three times as bad because you will be on the same losing horse three times over.

KV
Old 24th March 2005, 12:17 PM

another option is to run each bank at say 1/50th with 2 or more backup banks for each system once the inevitable occurs
Old 24th March 2005, 12:42 PM

and perhaps a backup reserve for each backup bank. I want a system where you have to have an overflow bank for the surplus profits and a backup money jar for excess overflow reserve profits.
Old 24th March 2005, 04:39 PM

Talking

K V have you filled the money jar yet?