Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th July 2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks Gunny. I will take a look at that.

Ocho. I have no idea what Trading is. I am open to anything and will do a little research but in the meantime, anything you can explain here would be helpful.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:31 AM

Hi Max, This is part of my attempt at describing trading from another thread here. By the way I use free software called The Geeks Toy to do my trading:

Trading is simply backing a horse at one price and then laying it at a lower price (or vice versa).

If you make a good trade with even amounts for the back and lay side you will then have a free bet on that particular horse meaning if the horse wins you win that amount but if the horse losers, you lose nothing.

Example:
Lets say the odds for Horse X are $5.1 and 5.0 meaning you can back it at $5 and lay it at $5.1.
You place a $100 BACK bet at $5.1 and hopefully get matched. (You will now win $410 if the horse wins [$5.1-1] but lose $100 if it losers).
You then place a $100 LAY bet at $5.0 and hopefully get matched.
You will now win $100 if the horse losers but lose $400 if the horse wins ($5.0-1).

With the above scenario you now have a $10 "free" bet on horse X. You will win $10 if the horse wins and lose nothing if the horse losers.

You then hedge the $10 free bet (done by the software) by then placing a lay bet (I think) on that horse using the $10 that you have made and dividing it into the price of the horse at the time (this is just one click on the software). So, if the horses odds are $5 you will hedge the bet so that $2 is won no matter if that horse wins OR losers ($10 / $5 = $2). That's a guaranteed return in that race and is called GREENING UP where the $2 figure is against every horse in the race and is in green. Repeat this during the race day and you can make some money. Repeat that again during the same race and you would then be dividing $20 into $5 odds giving you $4 for the race and so on.

If you like a particular horse to win then don't hedge and you have a free bet but with me, I have no idea who might win so I hedge every race. It can soon build up. The only problem at the moment is that the liquidity is still not great on the Aussie racing particularly after the 2nd or 3rd favorite.

I hope people understand that. If anyone wants to try, please be careful. Trading is not for everyone and I would start with the minimum $5 bet just to get the hang of it. The best thing about trading is the challenge while the worst is sitting in front of the computer all day and also being stubborn thinking the price will come back to where you think it should be. Get out ASAP if the price is heading in the wrong direction and RED-UP. There will always be another race come along as long as you have some money in your account.
Old 28th July 2011, 01:31 PM

These are the best races today in my opinion.

Rockhampton 2
Ballarat 6
Wyong 8
Old 28th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended

I have trouble believing you have made that incredible Profit from Trading Ocho.

But you the one who done it , so you would surely know much better than me.

Well done.
Just goes to show not to judge people by what you see.

What I find most interesting is that you were doing so well trading , but gave it away and tried applying your knowledge to numerous other methods , but failed dismally.
And when you returned to trading , suddenly massive Profits returned.
Old 28th July 2011, 03:46 PM

Hi Moeee

Each to their own I guess. Trading is one of those things that you either can or can't do, I find, as do many others on a few other forums.

It's strange, but you need to be in sync with the market otherwise you're stuffed. At the beginning of each session (most probably for the above reason) I often lose and so start out with small stakes and then go from there.

If you don't believe me that's fine (I don't need to prove anything to anyone).
Old 28th July 2011, 03:59 PM

I have tried my hand at trading the UK markets and the profits per race can be small in comparison to your stake, i was trading 1 tick movements with $200 stakes and would turn over $2000 a race for a $10 profit if i was lucky.

I tried the Aus market but the price movements were strange at times and would only suggest it for major race days.

It can be long hours in front of the screen watching the prices move and if a price went against you you had to make the decision to trade out with a loss, i never traded in-play but did get caught a couple times when the race started.
Old 28th July 2011, 04:16 PM

Hi Shaun, I can't trade the UK markets at one tick at a time as all I do is lose but when I get a chance (not often) I trade the trend.

Trading is hard work and you're right, you only make a small amount compared to your stake but it does add up over time. Saturdays are the best for the Aussie races as the liquidity on other days can be a bit light on but even then that can present opportunities.

As I've said it's not for everyone.
Old 28th July 2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
These are the best races today in my opinion.

Rockhampton 2
Ballarat 6
Wyong 8

Rockhampton 2
Selections 1,2 win 1 $2.30

Ballarat 6
Selections 3,9 win 3 $3.40

Wyong 8
Selections 2,3 win 3 $4.60

Outlay 6 Units
Return 10.3 Units
Profit 4.3 units
POT 71.66%

Thank you very much
Old 28th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Congrats Shaun

- best of luck for future selections
Old 28th July 2011, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=lomaca]max
give me an Email eddy and I post you the rules.
This is a variation on Michaelg' neural system. NOT mine!

Would like to have a look at the variation of Michealg's neural system my email is agean31@optusnet DOT com DOT au (cryptic)

Regards and thanks