Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th July 2011, 10:40 AM

Default Okay I have had enough

I have spent enough time and effort over the years trying to find an edge in the numbers and I don't have enough knowledge of the industry to look at form, etc so I have now come to an uncomfortable junction.

I have to give up entirely and forget making any pocket money via punting or spend a little money now to get a system that actually works.

Soooo,

Can anyone recommend a purchasable system that they know works?

I bought many systems from PPM and some other mags years ago and still have some of them but they really do not work at all.

I know the age old cry of "why sell a system that works" but surely there must be 1 that works somewhere?

Any ideas?

Also, in case you want to make a suggestion privately, use max stuff 09 @ g mail . com

Sorry for the rant but today my frustration meter is a little lower than normal after spending the past 3 days putting all the results information into my spreadsheet tracking market favourites at Morning, 10mins out, 5mins out, 1 mins out and Closed for every race for the past 2 months (over 1500 races) and hours of poking and prodding revealling nothing at all to rely on.

Last edited by max : 27th July 2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by max

I know the age old cry of "why sell a system that works" but surely there must be 1 that works somewhere?

Any ideas?

You get what you pays for buddy.

GOLD is going for around $1500 an ounce.
Why would anybody sell something that makes money for less than it is worth?

And who wants to pay BIG Bucks for something that may not be suitable even though it may work.

You must understand that if you don't work hard , you won't get the results.
And I'm sure you are working hard Max, but from what I've seen of your posts, You are looking at the wrong information and you are pushing ******** uphill.

If I was winning , I'ld love to help you out , but I ain't, but one thing I do know , you have to really want to succeed , if you want to succeed.
If you want results , but don't want to work hard at it , and in the right direction, best give it away buddy.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:33 AM

moeee, you sound like a politician, lots of platitudes but no substance. You've told Max he's looking at the wrong information but you fail to offer an alternative.

Max, 'ol son I'll help you out ..... seriously!

Go back through ALL the posts on here, it's worth it. Forget about blindly following a system that's been statistically proven to have worked over several years simply because the data used for that system may be flawed.

Among many systems there's a very good one posted way back, but still here, that shows good profit and it's logical. Looking deeper at the S/R and average price of the winners, one could conclude that a few longshots maybe have gotten this system over the line. But it would still be profitable without these longshots.

I can understand your frustration because many systems do work and work well, but I'm guessing that the reason the "published" systems fail is that too many people jump on the back of them and force the price down to a level where they show a loss.

Don't disregard "simple" systems that take into account top 2 tipsters, pre-post etc, etc. It's not my go but there are just some recurring things in racing that seem to go back to the year dot.

Forget your frustration and start afresh and read ALL the posts on here. Do say 5 pages a day, it'll take a while but there's some really good information in there. Sometimes you need to read between the lines and maybe connect the dots from various sources but it can be done.

We're told there's a small percentage of punters who regularly win. There's a lot of mugs out there with too much money who lose the lot, there's a lot of perennial losers who find a successful method and jump off when it goes astray only to jump on to another successful method and jump off when it goes astray. They've lost when they could have won?!

The systems with too many rules, form, distance, days between runs will reurn a loss. Backfitted systems are dangerous. Follow the herd and you're guranteed to at best lose the TAB take out of 15%, or the lot of you have no self control.

Start reading Max ..........
Old 27th July 2011, 11:46 AM

Max, it's important to start at the oldest posts first.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:52 AM

Wink

Hi, Max.

Have you thought of laying instead of betting? I know not everyone likes this type of wagering but you might be pleasantly surprised.

The illustrious Maria who turned a bank of 3,000 to 100,000 pounds sterling in the period of one year admitted she would not win if she bet.

I haven't had a bet for quite some time because I now lay and have been having success both here and in England. And I'm under the impression I am not the only one on this forum to do this.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:55 AM

Look at it this way MAX.

Say you personally know 10 punters, some of whom regularly lose, but don't care too much, one or two who have a serious problem chasing their losses and gamble way too much, and the few who "broke about even today" (read did their cash).

Maybe between the lot they've tipped in $30k a year. Except for the TAB takeout Max, that's yours for the taking provided you don't do the same as these 10 punters.

It's all on this site!
Old 27th July 2011, 12:02 PM
Banned

Smile

Max,
I,ve got over 600 "commercial" systems from the 2 major system sellers and I can you now none of them are worth a bumper.
Dont waste your money.

Far better to buy the Wizard online for saturday ($5.50) and the ratings and prices for the next 6 days are free.

Alternatively if you concentrate on the r+s ratings (asessed price of $2 or shorter) and have a set MINIMUM acceptable price of $2 TAB or bookie you,ll do far better than any system.

Cheers
darky
Old 27th July 2011, 12:19 PM

I will give my little bit of advice and that is to just concentrate on the best races of the day, there is no need to win every race in fact you will more than likely lose if you do.

Every punter has there idea of the best races i like to choose the best class or best prizemoney, for today i will only bet on Sandown race 3,5,6,7 this may not be everyone's idea of a smart move but at least it cuts down on the workload.

if you feel the need to bet in every race then just treat this as entertainment and budget for small stakes.

if you want a simple method for those 4 races look at the Unitab Radio tips and the guest tipster and assign points like this.

1st selected = 4 points
2nd selected = 3 points
3rd selected = 2 points
4th selected = 1 points

Back the top 4 runners on points if you have an equal 4th selection use the Qtab ratings to split them taking the highest rated runner first.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Your post has been deleted. Please do not flame. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 27th July 2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 27th July 2011, 01:08 PM

Here are the selections for Race 3

1=8
5=5
6=2
3=2