Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th May 2002, 07:57 PM
dokjan

does anyone on this site know of a system know as the royal routine system.
not giving away my age but this was around in the 60's and saw a add in the melbourne truth paper about 7 years ago.
regards
dennis
Old 29th May 2002, 11:26 AM

Yes, I`ve got it , it was given to me many moons ago by a man of great wisdom in a white robe sitting on a rock, while on a 6 day treck into the mountains of Tibet. I asked him ,"What great wisdon would he care to impart upon me."? He thought for a while & said "************ the horses, whats the point if a bloke cant get on " then through this racing plan at me.
So now, in the great tradition ,I`m going to through it onto you .
The routine is simply betting in a sequence of .
1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,9,9,10,10 etc
Win loose or draw ,you keep going until you are in profit, then start again.

E.G. Cost of a run of 20 outs is $110. Normally you would need $20 payer or 19/1 to break even, at level stakes,betting $5.50 per bet, but with this plan, you would only need a $11 payer or 10/1 to break even, approx. half the odds anywhere in the sequence, to break even.

Mathamatically it works, but it comes down at the end of the day to ones ability to pick winners at half the odds you would normally have to pick, to break even at level stakes.

If you pick a bunch of winners equal to half the odds required to break even over a series of bets at level stakes ,you will have either broken even or end up in front, then you start again .
It recomends to back selections at 3/1+ also an idea of theirs ,was to back the 2nd favourite in the pre-post newspaper market.
You will find that its not a good idea to follow 2nd favs. in newspapers, they have a habit of having long runs of outs , 20+ outs in a row is common.

If one wanted to follow this staking plan ,which is sound in principle. You would need to find out your longest run of outs you have experienced then multiply that figure by 3.5 .Then you can work out what bank you need, so as to have a chance of being an on going winner at the punt.

Old 29th May 2002, 03:31 PM
dokjan

thanks for the reply but you got it all wrong. this was not a staking plan but a method to back winners. i know basically how it work's but was interested to know if anybody else out there has heard of it?
dennis
Old 29th May 2002, 04:02 PM

you've got it all wrong - that's funny!

winning and losing goes in streaks, therefore you would be better off increasing your bets after a win and decreasing after a loss if you feel a streak is going to happen. Otherwise bet level stakes.

One punter on racingandsports site reckons you should bet more on longer priced horses, just go each-way. The theory is if your going to risk more capital, then the reward should be greater. Example only, 4/1 horse maybe bet $10, 10/1 horse bet $20 e/w. 20/1 horse bet $30 e/w. He does point out that you should be very confident of a horses winning chances (as confident about the 20/1 hope as a 4/1 chance) though to bet.
There is merit in the madness. One 20/1 winner would pay for a lot of 4/1 losers using this staking plan.
Old 29th May 2002, 04:28 PM

There are basic mathematical principles involved here.

It doesn't matter what odds your horse is at if you stake to win money. What matters is your strike rate. Odds only come into play when you consider the risk/reward ratio. $10 to win $200 or $100 to win $200. In preserving your bank, you try to lower your risk and increase your reward, but in the final analysis if your average strike rate isn't up to it...you won't win no matter what average price you can get.
When I do my form, I always make my selections without the prepost odds within reach. I am amazed how many horses I rate at say 3/1 start at 10/1 plus. This way odds never sway my judgement.
Old 14th April 2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokjan
does anyone on this site know of a system know as the royal routine system.
not giving away my age but this was around in the 60's and saw a add in the melbourne truth paper about 7 years ago.
regards
dennis

Hi Dokjan,
As a matter of fact I have been searching for the royal routine system for the past couple of days, do you have the details? I used it about 20years ago and it worked very well for me. I got my copy from Turf Monthly I think but then again it may have been the Melbourne Truth. It is based on the Handicappers choice (Top weight) and given the right conditions the Top weight of the field should be in the finish, and hopefully at a good price.It was the best system around then and I believe it still is, and it doesn't cost anything.
Erik
Old 14th April 2007, 12:29 PM
Beagle

G'day erik. Have a look at the Royal Ripsnorter post about a month ago. You will find all the details there.
Old 14th April 2007, 04:02 PM

Default royal routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle
G'day erik. Have a look at the Royal Ripsnorter post about a month ago. You will find all the details there.

Thanks Beagle, but thats not the one I used 20 years ago, you don't look at tipsters at all, there's a lot of other rules that apply e.g. can't bet on maidens or 2 yr old races, etc. etc.

I know that its been around a long time.

Erik
Old 14th April 2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Smile ERIK

Have you ever come across 'George Grays Infallible racing system "

Its going back a few years.?

Cheers.
darky.

ps.Who was the author of the system your seeking.?
Old 14th April 2007, 05:20 PM

Default royal routine system

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Have you ever come across 'George Grays Infallible racing system "

Its going back a few years.?

Cheers.
darky.

ps.Who was the author of the system your seeking.?

G'day Darky
No I can't say that I have mate. I'm not sure who the author was, I used to use the royal routine system back in the 60's and then in the 80's.
I have a mate who is interested in having a go at the gallops and I mentioned the royal routine system to him. I'm looking at trying to find a copy of it.
Cheers
Erik