Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st October 2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedle
Now, remember there's a value component to each of these (which I'm not allowed to divulge)
Old 31st October 2010, 04:05 PM

this is a lost cause .... how about a bet off ... Me vs you. To include value we can set the price at a minimum of $3 as an accepted bet, Level stakes only with $10 on each selection. Prices accepted are unitab only.

Comp will run a minimum of 50 bets above $3.

If you are so sure of yourself I am happy to provide some friendly competition as there are a few new systems I would like to test live.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
To include value we can set the price at a minimum of $3 as an accepted bet

This is the silliest thing I've read on a punting forum for a long time. Value, TRUE VALUE, has no concept of an across the board minimum price. Some horses in some races are value at 1.6, others are value at 16.0, others are value at 160.0
Old 31st October 2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
This is the silliest thing I've read on a punting forum for a long time. Value, TRUE VALUE, has no concept of an across the board minimum price. Some horses in some races are value at 1.6, others are value at 16.0, others are value at 160.0

But since your not going to devulge how you measure value for each horse how else can be one ... think before you post ....
Old 31st October 2010, 04:19 PM

Its ok .. your obviously scared of the competition cause you know your selections are not well thought out and can't make a level stakes profit....

No need to cry about it and start attacking people ....
Old 31st October 2010, 04:25 PM

Post deleted. Shouting.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 31st October 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
To include value we can set the price at a minimum of $3 as an accepted bet

wesmip1,

TheNeedle is correct, your understanding of the term "value" is somewhat misguided.

As betting "value" is the most important part of long-term success, I would strongly encourage you to gain a better understanding of "value".

Just remember people are here to help, so fire away with any questions if you have them.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthuman2010
wesmip1,

TheNeedle is correct, your understanding of the term "value" is somewhat misguided.

As betting "value" is the most important part of long-term success, I would strongly encourage you to gain a better understanding of "value".

Just remember people are here to help, so fire away with any questions if you have them.

I understand value ... but how else can we run a comp against his "value" if he won't tell us what he has rated the selections... I proposed a simple method of removing the shortest of selections.

I have no doubt I could easily score a higher profit then the selections posted here as I would make a profit (vs the loss of the selections shown here).

I am happy for a value to be put on each selection .... I was just trying to help so the so called "secret stuff" wasn't being posted ....

You gain no credibility until the selections are posted here with minimum prices before the race. The comp would have enforced that thus giving needle/mr barry credibility.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:46 PM

Post deleted. Quoting a post which included shouting.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 31st October 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Here is a lesson for some of you. This horse was rated at $2.00 in todays race and it was available at $19.00 fixed odds for the win. It was also showing an expected place dividend of $5.00 for the place.

TheNeedle,

Please thank Mr Barry for me for supplying his raw selections to the forum today.

I too saw Jail Stait at the $19 and thought what an incredible value selection, knowing Mr Barry had it rated on top.

I had an e/w bet on it and was amazed at the $10 price for the place.

I'm sure many members are grateful to have a successful punters ratings, like Mr Barry's, posted on the forum.

Even if novice punters can pick up just 1 or 2 little tricks from the successful punters, it can only have a positive impact on their bottom line.