Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th July 2008, 10:24 AM

Default I'm calling it .... cats flag 2008 easy!

Geelong will win the flag 2008... I cant see ANY team beating them. They are now 1.90 ( probably even shorter after they smash Freo this weekend).

Get on em now! If you got even money for them its a blessing... The players stressed that this year they are doing for them, for them ONLY.. They are serious about this. They wont lose another game for the year... Mark my words, they will win it!
Old 14th July 2008, 08:47 AM

Ablett and Ling were both injured at the weekend. There's no way I'm prepared to take $1.90 about a Geelong premiership win so far away from the Grand Final. All that needs to happen is a few key injuries before the Grand Final or maybe even early in the Grand Final, IF Geelong get into it and we could have an upset.
We've seen what has happened to West Coast minus Judd, Cousins and Chick.
In addition, should Geelong lose to the Bulldogs next week I expect better than $1.90 will be available about them.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc
Geelong will win the flag 2008... I cant see ANY team beating them. They are now 1.90 ( probably even shorter after they smash Freo this weekend).

Get on em now! If you got even money for them its a blessing... The players stressed that this year they are doing for them, for them ONLY.. They are serious about this. They wont lose another game for the year... Mark my words, they will win it!

I took them very early ($2.80)coupled with the crusaders($1.85) in super 14

So the $5.18 is looking good

I took them again recently at $1.95 with storm and nz(tri-nations)

Maybe should have waited

Dogs werent overly impressive against dees(maybe just took it easy to get the 4 pts)
Thought the swans were looking OK but now not sure
Hawks hmmm dont know so ........Cats will Win Flag
Old 20th July 2008, 11:21 AM
Suspended for unsolicited forum advertising

I have been taking Geelong and the Melbourne Storm in doubles
since June last year to win the 2007 Premiership and the 2008 Premiership. They are by far and above the best teams in both comps
Old 21st July 2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Ablett and Ling were both injured at the weekend. There's no way I'm prepared to take $1.90 about a Geelong premiership win so far away from the Grand Final. All that needs to happen is a few key injuries before the Grand Final or maybe even early in the Grand Final, IF Geelong get into it and we could have an upset.
We've seen what has happened to West Coast minus Judd, Cousins and Chick.
In addition, should Geelong lose to the Bulldogs next week I expect better than $1.90 will be available about them.

Key injuries? This is Geelong we are talking about. The whole team are KEY players! After the Cats stomped Bulldogs (without Ablett and Ling), they are now $ 1.70 and will continue to shorten. I got Cats at 3-1.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:24 PM

Red face

Dunno. Imagine if Geelong has to play the whole second half with no interchanges because 4 players are so badly injured they cannot return. Eg - badly torn hamstring, serious concussion etc.
Old 24th August 2008, 10:40 PM

cats now 1.45 for flag.. hope people got em at least at even money....
Old 26th August 2008, 11:36 AM

Question

Must admit. Geelong look the goods. But you never know. They could meet Collingwood in the finals and maybe an upset might happen. Actually, following an 85 points defeat this year, would it be such an upset to lose to Collingwood again?