Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th February 2008, 01:10 PM

Question Automated Betting

I have had a little success at placing Quinella bets based on the Quinella odds of each pair compared to the Win odds of the individual horses making up that pair. My starting with a bank of $50 just before Christmas on WA TAB was last night sitting at $545. Not a huge amount of money, but the direction is OK.

I consider ALL horses and trots, and I consider ALL pairings. My method requires that the bet is placed at the last possible moment, so I miss about 20% whch is fine. It is all done automatically - I set the program running in the morning and leave it.

Unfortunately WA TAB Quinella pools are abysmally small and so any increase from my minimum $0.50 bet tends to screw the percentages (really!!). Being in WA I can't look at Betfair (I don't think they do Quinellas anyway), therefore, I have spread my view to other TABs. Last week I started using Queensland TAB as they provide a means to automatically fetch odds and post bets. A little more cumbersome than WA, but it works. My starting $50 was at $94.50 last night. Also as their pools are generally larger than WA's there is scope to increase the bets down the line.

I would dearly love to expand into NSW and Vic, both TabCorp. TabCorp do provide a means to obtain the odds I require, but do not have a readily available means of submitting the bets automatically. I know it is possible as I am told there is third party software which does it.

My question is this: Can anyone here advise me, or point me in the direction, of where I might find this information?
Old 12th February 2008, 01:50 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Very interesting SeeDee, im curious too.
Old 12th February 2008, 03:56 PM

Do WA TAB provide a means of automated betting?
Old 12th February 2008, 06:11 PM

Default WA TAB may take 20% but.........

Oh yes, GA. As I said before, WA allow direct postings to an http address and and one can post to QLD via Netbet Pro.

Being direct you have to include all the bells & whistles in the transmission to WA TAB, including ID & password. With Qld, you must have Netbet Pro running and be logged on, set up a batch file (in my case with one record) and place it in the assigned directory on your PC.

I just want to work out how to do it through NSW/Vic TABs. They use the same sytem for Live Odds over the Web but only seem to accept bets, individually or by batch, interactively. I understood that some 3rd party software actually posted bets, but maybe I was mistaken and they only suggest wagers which you then have to post manually -- not for lazy people like me.

If you are comfortable with VB, I can point you in the right direction for direct posting to WA TAB.
Old 12th February 2008, 06:45 PM

I ave an automated bet placement program using Unitab which covers all the exotics including Quinellas,exactas and any2.
Unfortunately I cant give you a link to the site here. I am sure there are several programs around. Keep looking.
Cheers.
Old 12th February 2008, 06:47 PM

See Dee,

Where do you get live quinella odds on the Quesland TAB site ?

Good Luck.
Old 12th February 2008, 07:02 PM

Westmip,

I use UniTab Netbet Pro Advanced Usage. You have to sign up as an internet user and request the documentation from them. It's really quite a simple system. If you want, say a list of all the meetings today, you place a file called 01T.qry in the designated directory and it is replaced very quickly by a file containing the details.

01T is their code for Today's meetings. They have a couple of dozen other codes, but I use only about 8-9 of them. It's a bit of a root, but once the program's complete it seems pretty good.

Oh - the code for Quinella odds is 10B. So a file called 10B.qry will fetch that.

Last edited by SeeDee : 12th February 2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12th February 2008, 07:40 PM

Although not thoroughly explained i like your thinking. Years ago Doubles were a big thing among professional punters. It was a great tool to use to follow the 2nd leg ( & probabaly still is ). If the first leg winner was $2w on the tote you would be able to see what horse was their choice in the 2nd leg by means of the doubles divie. i.e if a horse was $5w in the 2nd leg then $2 x $5 = $10. If the double was to pay only $7 you would know what the pros were gunning for the day.

Is this the type of method your using but with with Quin's not Doubles?
Old 12th February 2008, 08:04 PM

Well, that's food for thought KC. Are you saying to look for a sudden bump (ie slide) on one horse in the 2nd leg indicating their selection?

My method is much more basic and relies on the "great unwashed" actually having a collective clue. I simply look for an "edge" or margin. I don't care if my selection is popular or not; favourite or complete outsider. Advice on refinement would be welcome, but I am just looking for the pair which are under backed in the quinella, hopefully resulting in a percentage edge.

I sometimes bet 3 x 50c for a win of less than $1.50 (sigh), but my best selection was gained me $362.40 for a 3 x 50c bet
Old 12th February 2008, 08:17 PM

Yea CD

Back when there was just W,P,Q,T & Doubles betting, it was pretty much the best way to bet for big punters to make decent money as it was the only form of multie betting over more then 1 race. If they liked something in the 2nd leg they would back a few runners in the first leg all into their 'special'. My best mate was the bagboy for the biggest family name in bookies to grace our tracks ( related to get the job ) According to him this was a massive indicator, and well known in the ring as to a most favoured selection of the bigger punters. THese days of course doubles pools are a nothing..... but many years ago they were very very big pools to bet into where value could easily be found for big punters whose money was in with mums & dads Saturday punters. Those days everyone took a Daily Double or an Extra Double. It was a bit like The Melbourne Cup and the mass amounts of value to be gained on any of the multiple pools. (Of course not in the $m's)

I thought that too was your angle. You seem to be going ok with yours anyway, sounds very interesting what your up to.