Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th June 2011, 12:59 AM

G'day max, I felt compelled to respond as I have been chasing the golden egg for many years, it took at least 40 years to finally accept that "Target" or cover to win , or stop at win, IN THE LONG TERM is NOT the way to go. It does work for a while , and can work for a LONG while but always in the end mathes will cut in and clean you out, winnings and banks galore.

I still can't really call myself a "PROFESSIONAL" punter as I do not derive all my income from the punt, BUT I do aspire to that , and for the last 5 years (out of 48 years punting) I HAVE made a profit.

In my case I am very happy with around 4.5% on turnover, but I would quickly say that, I only HOPE that will continue, I hope ,but I don't really know.

If I could stick my neck out, I would say that 25% POT is a total pipe dream.

If anyone is achieving it LONG TERM then they have privy to info that I definitely don't.

Now having said all that I have shown at least twice on this forum, that with determined staking you can turn a profit.

I have said several times that nearly all systems "work".......... but not all the time, (the knockers refused to acknowledge that I added that bit)

What I am getting at, is there is a case for following a systematic approach
with an aggressive staking plan, a "making hay while the sun shines attitude" i.e. you know it will fail eventually BUT you are risking a given amount chasing a freak run that you can capitalise on. another way of thinking!!
Old 26th June 2011, 07:56 AM

I'd be happy with 2% !!!!!

Currently 1.65% this year.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:00 AM

Long term (last 6 years) I am at 7.9% POT. If this continues I will be more than happy. I must say also it took me 20 years to get to this stage.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:07 AM

Okay then. I guess punting aint for me. If all I can possible hope to get long term is a mere 5% then I am better off using a bank account for that and have less risk and waste less time.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:22 AM
Suspended

But the thing is , it is 5% on Turnover.
It is quite possible that you could turn your Betting Bank over perhaps 10 times in a year , and there is your Target of 50% Profit.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:31 AM

I see what you mean, but is the risk and time worth the return?

=> Bhagwan, I have been tracking the 1st 6 races system for the past couple of weeks every day. I have been tracking the 3rd fav at Morning, 10mins out, 5mins out, 1min out, 0min out and Closed and I have found 1 works better than the others. But even so it is still not returning a good profit as a couple of shocker days this week took all the winnings from last week. I am keen to find some filters to apply to increase S/R as a lot of the races are lost by the 1st fav or 5th fav getting up.

Has anyone following that system found filters such as odds, track conditions, metro vs country or the like help? Or even day of the week. I found Thurs and Sat particualarly nasty for this system.
Old 26th June 2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
I'd be happy with 2% !!!!!

Currently 1.65% this year.

G'day Mark, now I'd be happy with 1.65% with your turnover and no risk component as well!

To achieve 4,5% I just can't get the turnover, and yes I've tried "just increasing stakes" and the divvies were definitely affected even with mere $500 bets, especially midweek. in short the idea fell flat, until I swapped back to $200 bets maximum, that's why I am always on the lookout for another angle.

Max, one area that you don't seem to understand is this say you have $10,000 in the bank and you're getting 5% so have an income of $500, now if that $10,000 were applied to a betting strategy making 5% ON TURNOVER,with say 10-12 bets a day or about a 100 bets a week @ $100 each, then you are turning over $500,000 year (roughly) x 5% = $25,000. PLUS don't forget that the majority of that bank will be sitting in a deposit account anyway still earning 5% P/A, most of the time anyway.