Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th June 2011, 03:08 PM

Default Can this work?

Hi all

I have been a member of this site for a few good months now and have been involved some awesome discussions and met some really great members through those discussions.

But I have been playing around with systems on paper for over 10 years, on and off for months at a time.

My true goal is to find 4 systems that can return $10 average every time I run them with the intend that if 2 of them fail on any 1 day, I still make $20 profit for the day. This should be based on a POT of around 25% each, so invest $40, make $10 on each.

To date, I have found some cool systems but I just cant seem to get them to return 25% profit consitently enough or at all.

So, do you think this is possible? Or is the golden egg most punters are chasing? Is anyone actually making a nice regular and consistent profit?
Old 18th June 2011, 03:09 PM

BTW, I am not giving up. Just expressing a few words of frustration in an attempt to see if I am on a path that is actually attainable.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:50 PM
Suspended

If you ain't managed in 10 years , you probably same as everyone else.
I ain't managed in 30

But then again, some people look for ghosts.
Others look for alien Life Forms.
Some for GOD.
A lovely woman.

Its just the way things are - some things plainly don't exist.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:59 PM

Smile Yes I haven't

Hi Max,
Can't shed any light on your 25% systems sorry. To me 25% would be a total impossibility.

What I did want to say was what I was trying to steer another great forum member towards. If you're after consistency then I believe this goes in reverse probability to dollars earned. I strive for consistency always and on weekly basis am always ahead.

Perhaps you too could trim your wager numbers down to just the cream and concentrate on a proper % of bank staking plan.

I believe as long as you keep tweaking around with different systems your bank will have no stability.
Old 18th June 2011, 05:28 PM

I would agree with Twobets that you need to aim for a realistic amount, like 10% pot so if you bet 100 you want to get back 10, this may bot sound like much but if you could get this on a weekly basis as an average then you can double your bank every 7 weeks.

I don't see any issues with running a couple different systems would be like a portfolio but you don't want to be committing to much of the bank on any given day, so you would want each system to be picking 4 or 5 runners each.

Set your bets to a percentage of bank say 2% with the view to adjusting this at the end of the day, some say you should adjust after each bet but i find this can have more bad points than good unless you are hitting 50% or going after very short prices.
Old 20th June 2011, 01:06 AM

A very safe method, is betting .5% of bank.

Re-adjust bet up or down at the beginning of each new day.

The magic figure is 3.5% a day is possible if you know what you are doing.

1-1.5% is more achievable ,if betting every day

It starts getting really hard to win more than 5% a day on an ongoing basis .

Go for any greater than 5% & one will usually find that they will give all their profits back & some.

So don't be surprised if you gets bit going for more on an on going basis.
Old 25th June 2011, 08:18 AM

Wow! Thought I would have had a much more positive response. I thought 25% POT was moderately achievable for the determined punter. Not that I have been able to do it yet. Now I feel really deflated. My goal was to make 50 a day regularly.

But then I suppose those who may actually be doing this and more prob keep their mouths shut for whatever reason.

Looks like I need to take a break for a while.

Should anyone wish to tell me their story less publicly, feel free to drop me a line at max stuff 09 @ gmail . com
Old 25th June 2011, 09:45 AM

Making ones first bet no higher than .5% of bank.

Target profit 3.5% of bank

3.5% a day x 7 = 24.5% a week.

All you have to now is just pick the runners that you know are going to win.

Its as easy as that.... or is it?

If you cant do 3.5% or even 1.0% on a regular basis , you stand no chance at 25% every day
Which equates to 175% a week.

Most Professional Punters will tell you that they are happy to hit 5-7% profit on turnover , that's if their losses in between are not too great.
And they do get losses.

Try & remember that Punting is not an exact science.

Its forever changing like the sands of the desert.

It can be done.

If you don't have the discipline or time to sit in front of a screen all day , then use a Bot to do the betting for you.

There is a system that has been making 50% profit on turn over, that I invented with my own brain ,that is listed on the forum called ....
Bhagwan's first 6 races.

You may like to have a run with this for a month , betting every day.
Old 25th June 2011, 09:56 AM

3rd in six
June 15 $44
June 16 $6
June 17 $165
June 18 $60
June 19 $79
June 20 $141
June 21 $30
June 22 -$114
June 23 -$59
June 24 $150
Start with $10 per selection and add a $1 each winning day. Get your best price. One trick is to look at the tote and see which is the third before all the money goes on in the last minute and get your best odds on that horse. Beton
Old 25th June 2011, 10:09 AM

Hi Max,

Don't be disheartened.

Aim for 5-15% POT, study hard and be patient.

I don't use systems, however I do use a systematic approach to first find my selections and from there, seek value prices.

Punting is one of the hardest games around, mostly because of the psychological rollercoaster ride that winning and losing runs provide.

I'd suggest thinking in winning months rather than winning days.

Lastly, If you're looking for consistency I'd suggest betting each-way or 2 horses per race when the value is there. Often one of your selections will be affected by pace, jockey, track or trouble in running issues, so backing more than one in a race can alleviate some of these problems.

Hope this is of some assistance and good luck today if you're placing some investments!

The Schmile