Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st February 2013, 02:06 PM

Well i tried to log in using my usual user name, same as this, (i don't hide btw with multiple user names, i'm honest! ) anyway, i get a ultimatum that in order to log in, i must allow the new mob to use my personal details.
Noooooooo. Bye bye

Problem now is , no pm allowed here.

And no mistermac!
I hope he introduces himself for a valued opinion on opinions!
Old 9th February 2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
Well i tried to log in using my usual user name, same as this, (i don't hide btw with multiple user names, i'm honest! ) anyway, i get a ultimatum that in order to log in, i must allow the new mob to use my personal details.
Noooooooo. Bye bye

Problem now is , no pm allowed here.

And no mistermac!
I hope he introduces himself for a valued opinion on opinions!
Hello, Puntz. No big introduction of myself. Just pleased to be on the same forum as you. My hotmail email address, which is the only one I really use for personal contact is mistermac39@hotmail.com.

To everyone else here who knows me, I wish you well.

For reasons mainly of health and age, I will be a reader rather than a poster here!
Old 9th February 2013, 10:04 AM

Good to have you on board mate.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 10th February 2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
DD, if you got to know the guys running it at the time you wouldn't say that, they provided a wealth of info that is now lost.

Yeah they may have sold products but they backed thier own judgment and ran the best tipping comp on the net, maybe i was biased because i came second but was still well organised.

They were never afraid to let a person say what they were thinking about even if it conflicted with advertisers.

No Mark, never got an e-mail
Shaun,

I said I would post rarely, and I mean to keep to that, but I agree with you about what has been lost. The quality of the site fell away badly after about 2008. But, trolls started to post, and the real Professionals got jack of it, and stopped posting. But, I still used to go over the stuff which was there from the early days of the site. There was material there which was as good as any book I had ever read. Much of it came from PAce themselves.

There was plenty about staking sensibly, money management, record keeping, bookmakers and exchanges. I learnt so much. The main thing I learnt was that punting did not involve merely high strike rates without regard to price on offer. Also, the real Pros do not seek unrealistically high returns. In other words, they took into account the fact that punting is a long term thing.

You got good advice like "Do not get increase your risks after a lucky streak!", "Never chase losses!", "If it does not work at level stakes (at least within a narrowish price range), it does not work. Period!"

Then, there were some very good tips given, (with notable exceptions, but you were a fool not to check them out for a while first), and of course, for guys like yourself, Tipping Comps.

Finally, the email mentioned by Mark which you never got never came to me either.

Shaun, seeing that PM facilities seem to be permanently disabled here, (probably because of abuse by trolls and the like), feel free to email me at any time if you feel so inclined. I stlll correspond with some of the best who were on that site, even after they departed no longer wanting to put up with the troll types. But only if you feel so inclined.

Even though I will not post much, I reckon that I will soon suss out the wheat from the chaff here. Something that has been going as long as this site must have some good contributors!

Last edited by mistermac : 10th February 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10th February 2013, 02:49 AM

Good to see you mistermac . ( sent email)

The most annoying thing is, there seems to be no way to access all those posts. It's as if it never existed.
Old 10th February 2013, 01:13 PM
Banned

Smile

Welcome aboard MisterMac.

You were one of the few I got anything out of.
Old 10th February 2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

I often visited that other site Mistermac but in the later stages.

All that it became later on was a slanging match between individuals,
I did look up some posters, and go back over certain things, including,
Your posts and a select few from the early days.

This is the only forum i post on (not much lately) and i also,
Have my username, as my own name abbreviated.

My words are, keep posting no matter how trivial you think.

You have a wealth of information to give,
Here's hoping you will, "AGE" only as old as you feel mate(don't ask me L.O.L.).

Cheers.
Garyf.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:52 AM

Thank you all for your kind welcome.

As a result of your invitation to even the trivial, I have decided to bother Sportz.

I hope his answer, if he sees fit to give one, will prove of interest.

And, just by the way, I see that there seems to be a fair bit of expertise in macro and bot writing on the site, something I have never got my head around.

Well, I sure will have the time. I hope I have not left it too late.

My edit was ro correct a typo. I do not need any help with how to do those, but if you need a course, i will be pleased to tell you how to make them.

Last edited by mistermac : 14th February 2013 at 12:54 AM.