Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th September 2013, 05:35 PM

Default Warning watch your bets with this mob!

Sportingbet Top Tote +, not a bad product but,

I copped some free bets last week so had a go at a few outsiders today placed one bet of $10EW DR Barnard 3rd $4.30c

Ok so it's free bet so you don't get the stake back (fair) so you would think that I should get $30.30 right?............. wrong I got $23.30c . Yes they deduct the losing win bet as well can you believe that? in other words if I'd placed 2 separate bets @ $10 each i.e. 10 win + 10 place I would get $30.30c return, madness!
Old 7th September 2013, 06:21 PM
Banned

They are all shonks PP, I am a bit surprised you are surprised tbh.
Old 7th September 2013, 06:26 PM
Banned

Old 7th September 2013, 06:39 PM

Question

You've lost me party. Agreed they are all weak as you know what but the result you give seems to be correct.
Outlay 20 and return 43.00 = $23 profit, which you received.
Old 7th September 2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

Agree Mark but also see Partys point - it was a free bet so the cost to the punter should be zero.

Either way, I dunno why people bother with them.
Old 7th September 2013, 07:05 PM

Mark, say I have 2 free bets $10 win and a separate bet with a separate ID no. $10 place, ok it runs 3rd and pays $4.30c , ok my win bet is gone, my place bet returns $33. (i.e. $43 less the stake .
Old 7th September 2013, 07:27 PM

Party, in my experience the outcome of free bets will always be this...

WINNINGS - OUTLAY(free bet) = AMOUNT added to account

This is because you didn't put up the stake(they did) - regardless of whether part of the stake won or lost, you did not put up the stake so you would not expect it to be added to the account - you are only entitled to the profit returned on the bet(after the stake is deducted)

Cheers LG
Old 7th September 2013, 07:48 PM

LG, I guess we are at "ODDS" hee hee! not really I agree party, it's just that I see an EW bet as 2 separate bets 1 win bet and 1 place bet, my win bet lost that's the end of it my place bet was successful, I should be paid $43 less the $10 stake = $33

In fact to go a step further, the stake on the win bet would have been deducted had it won, it didn't so that's the end of it, now I make $33 profit on the place bet (after the stake) then they go and deduct the losing stake on the win bet (which kinda didn't exist) from MY $33. (real money)

And in fact if I'd placed them as 2 separate bets; that's exactly what I would have got, so the moral of this post is NEVER put an EW bet using a free bet , always put a win bet and then a separate place bet.

Stugs you should at least use a free bet to back and then lay it for about half, i.e. you win either way!

Last edited by partypooper : 7th September 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper

And in fact if I'd placed them as 2 separate bets; that's exactly what I would have got, so the moral of this post is NEVER put an EW bet using a free bet , always put a win bet and then a separate place bet.

On that we agree! Wasn't even aware you could nominate an E/Way play using a free bet.

Regards the lay bet for a half, how does that make sense? example?

LG
Old 7th September 2013, 08:11 PM

Talking

Aah......you, "party-pooper" I've been waiting for you whom imo should be renamed our new P.M.(in waiting)....."Tony Abbot".......the most negative person in Australia's history!
I'm ecstatic that you no longer post in the most productive threads on this site: "Smart Punting" and "Omen Tips"...just look at today's results.....lol!!!

Cheers.