Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th November 2005, 07:56 AM

Default Taree

Is anyone going to Taree tomorrow ????

Great meeting,,best racecourse chips in Australia.

Free tea and coffee all day (believe it)

I will be there,old,ugly,denim shorts,blue wind jacket (if it's cool.)

See you there,,, cheers Bill.

Sing this to "Amazing Grace"

Taree taree taree taree
Taree taree taree
Taaaaareee taaaareeee taaareeee taaaareee
Tareee tareee tareeee...ad infinitum.
Old 28th November 2005, 11:34 AM

Smile

ROFLMAO Bill. Sounds like a great day. have fun!
Old 28th November 2005, 01:17 PM

Wish I could be there.Unfortunately I live in Melbourne but was born and raised in Northern N S W

Have a great day.

Ron.
Old 29th November 2005, 07:13 AM

Actually you guys are destroying my reputation at Taree.

A couple of meetings ago I decided to try michaelg's quinella system.You know,,, the one where you outlay $30 and get $15 back....After a couple of bets the guy at the tote window realized that I was eccentric to say the least,and as the day wore on his smile turned into hysterical laughter.I'm sure that he told the woman at the next window,because she was laughing too.

The **************,,,,Another quinella mate ??????,,lolololol,,,,,,You are killing it mate,,,,lolololol,,,,dont tell anyone about this system mate lololololol.....And on and on....I guess in the bush you expect more than your average number of halfwits....

Anyway last meeting I totally destroyed the **************.I decided to try woof's trifecta method.Remember woof ????? the one that goes 12-1234-5678....
My bet looked like the formula for an atomic bomb.Anyway,rather than read it out to the yokel at the tote window I wrote it on a piece of paper and passed it across to him.

Jesus,,,he nearly fainted,,,,the security guy went for his gun,,,If I had been at Randwick they would have mowed me down....."Hand over the money mother***** or i will blow your effing head off".......

Thanks michaelg,,,thanks woof......It's all a learning curve,,I learned not to hand notes to tote people.But keep those systems coming,it makes a day at Taree a whole lot more interesting for a lot of people.
Cheers.... Bill
Old 29th November 2005, 10:49 AM

Gday Bill

when you see the XPT go rattling past the track at about 4.20 pm, that will be me on my way to work, otherwise I would be there

If you are interested my best for Taree are :

Race 6 #1 Willing and Able
Race 8 #1 Strong Breeze

Gold Lager in Race 5 would have to be a good chance, but I don't have a huge wrap on the horse and an even smaller wrap on the stable.. but it could win this race today...

They wont be flash odds (Damien has tipped em as well, and no doubt Gary will spruik em on the radio) but could be worth a look.. Good luck with your bets

xptdriver@hotmail.com

Last edited by xptdriver : 29th November 2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 29th November 2005, 10:59 AM

Cheers mate,,, you just caught me,,,out the door in 5 mins,,,
Old 30th November 2005, 08:57 AM

Your a funny man !
I can just see ol mate behind the window, smoke hanging out of the side of his mouth,....inch of ash about to drop,..... looking at your "atomic bomb formula" Thats so funny
How did you end up at Taree anyway ?

Dingo
Old 30th November 2005, 01:13 PM

Yes we are waiting to hear if you filled the pockets of your denim shorts.

Regards,
Ron.
Old 1st December 2005, 08:28 AM

I had a great day thanks.

My circuit of racetracks is Gosford,Wyong,Newcastle,Muswellbrook and Taree.From time to time a midweeker at Randwick and sometimes up to Scone.I like em all,but Taree is my favourite.A great atmosphere,plus its a lucky track for me.

On Monday I opened up with Vadez in the first,Raminco in the fourth was my top selection,and I followed that up with Bellangry in the fifth.Had a nice bet on Ella Noir at Pakenham..plus of course the usual losers,,,Overall it was a great day.

The chips were fresh,crisp golden,crunchy,,lol it doesn't take much to make old men happy.I saw the xpt slide past at 4-28pm and gave our forum mate a wave (though he couldnt see me).It's on again next Monday and all things being even I will be there again...

Cheers,,, Bill.
Old 1st December 2005, 11:50 AM

This may be a bit long winded,,,but,,,from a punting point of view i have found this advise to be worth $$$$$$$$ and lots of em....

Last year sometime I was hanging over the mounting yard fence at Taree watching the horses parade.This (really) old guy was stood next to me and he said "the nine horse looks good mate",,,I just said yair,,it does...He asked me what its form was and I told him that it had run 9th out of 9 at its last start....

Yer mean last mate ???? lol yup,,,,,He said ,,well,,it looks good today.It ran 2nd and and paid around $9 for the place.He did the same thing the next race and again the race after.I thought I had met Jesus....I said mate,,, you are a ****** genious...His name was/is Kev and we really took a bit of a shine to each other.Turned out he had trained and owned horses all of his life,including a few good metropolitan types.

After a while he said to me,,Bill,,,do you know how to pick a really fit racehorse.I thought I did, but I didnt.He said,well Bill,, I dont usually bother telling people this,,but I will show you....

I have to say here that it has taken me a year to understand and actually see what he told me.It sounds simple but it aint.But when you see it "bang",the penny drops.

Lolol ok,, here it is....He said Bill,,,look at the horses rump just behind the saddle cloth..On a fit horse (indicating one) you will see a muscle hump,,(it looks a bit like a dowagers hump)..That is the indication the horse is fully fit,,,,I said,, that one there Kev??? No,,,,,,that one there??,,,,,fer christs sake,,, no........Over the year I ran into Kev at most of my favourite tracks,every time I went over the same ground,, til one day "eureka"!!!! I could see it.

About a foot behind the saddle cloth you will see a hump.Most racehorses have a bit of a rise there,,but not a definite hump.The unfit horses look flat from the saddle cloth to the base of the tail.The ones with the "hump" are ready to win...AND THEY DO....believe me.It took me time and patience,,but it has paid off in spades.This hump is "not" on either side of the horses rump.It is directly behind the saddle cloth....

By the way,that first day at Taree Kev told me that he had a horse running in the seventh.I observed racecourse protocol and didnt ask him what it was.Just wished him luck.Anyway after he had plonked his money on (lololol yes,,it had the hump) he legged the jockey up,,, looked over at me and winked....Kevin's Delight...It bolted in... I got 7's and was happy with that.Hasn't done anything since,,shrugs....

You can meet nice people on racecourses. Cheers Bill