Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th February 2004, 01:21 PM

For anyone interested,here is a method of sorting the class runners in a race.You will need the Sportsman to do it.
1)Make a note of the prizemoney for todays race.
2)Go to the detailed form section of the Sportsman and make a note of each horse coming down in prizemoney compared to it's last start,and sort them into order
3)Look at each horse again and sort into order the horses going up the least in prizemoney
4)Eliminate any contender that has not raced in the last 22 days
5)Eliminate any contender that did not finish within 4 lengths of the winner last start
For those who don't savvy,the Sportsman has a figure in brackets for each a horse contests,i.e ($50)after it's name means the last race it ran in was worth $50,000.
An example;
Randwick R9 yesterday.
1 Lil Elsa $120k down
2 eliminated
3 up $20k
4 eliminated
5 $18k down
6 $12k up
7 $12k up
8 $23k up
9 $12k up
10 $12k up
11 $18k down
12 eliminated
Lil Elsa was clearly the class runner,and the only other 2 runners coming down finished 3rd and 4th.
If you had made No.1 your banker and taken the other two going down and the other 4 going up the least in a link up like this;
1x6x6 trifecta @ $1=$33
return(unitab) $500.40
F4 1x6x6x6 @ 50c=$60
return $13,000+
quinella 1x6 @ $10
return $58.10x10= $581
And for anyone who is wondering if I did the answer is yes!!!I also had a good "go"on the winner,the only thing I couldn't believe was the price!!
Apologies if I bored anyone with such a long post.
Good Punting
Old 29th February 2004, 01:42 PM
Member.

Well done. I backed it too. Didn't do anywhere near as well as you out of it though. Can you get that info anywhere else or only in the Sportsman???

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-02-29 13:44 ]
Old 29th February 2004, 01:54 PM
Banned

The winning post does it for the last 5 starts in syd & melb but not for bris & adel
Old 29th February 2004, 01:55 PM

Cyberhorse form includes the race prizemoney (and any prizemoney won) for the previous 5 or 10 starts (depending on which you buy).
Old 29th February 2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

i had a look in the paper but i got different amounts of prizemoney

1.$101k -
3.$35k +
5. same race value
6. $30k +
7. $30k +
8. $41k +
9. $30k +
10. $30k +
11. same race value
Old 29th February 2004, 02:45 PM

I use the Sportsman because I have done for years now,and am quite familiar with the layout and can sort thru races fairly quickly.Remember that you only need to look at its last start,not average out its last 5 or whatever.I do not suggest trying it on too many races,be selective.Look for standouts like that one,they don't dissappoint.I don't have any stats on it because have only just begun working on it.One other rule I forgot to put in was only operate on races with at least 10 runners.In races where there are 3 or 4 runners going down its obviously more open,Randwick R5 was an example;
Cassimir & Hasty Belle were both down 20k,and Brave Player & Desert Brigadier were down 17.5k.Two runners were eliminated(beaten margin last start,and no.2 was up by 20k,so I left it out.
suggested bet was a 4x7x7 trifecta @ $1=$120
result 4-10-8 $194.50
profit $74.50
Unfortunately I boxed the top 4 for $10,cost $60 and didn't get it thus reducing my profit on the race to $14.50.
Live and learn,I'm giving the quinella a miss from now on and chasing the big bucks in tri's and first 4's.
If anyone is interested I'll work out some races next Friday & post them on the forum.Bit worried about the dreaded forum "jinx"though!!!
cheers
Old 29th February 2004, 03:16 PM

Goldmember,you are right,I worked my figures out on the prizemoney to the winner(by mistake!)which was $32,500.However,having checked my selections to se if I fluked a big result I found even on revised figures I would have had the same selections.
No.1 Banker
5-6-7-9-10-11
5-6-7-9-10-11
2 &12 were eliminated(days since last start)
3 &8 eliminated(going up the most)
Ironically no.8 was going up the most in clas,yet it was backed for a stack and started favourite!I don't know if it got injured,but it ran last!Just goes to show the following D.Beadman has.How could any serious form student back a horse coming off a 2nd in a class2 race at Newcastle worth only $9000 in prizemoney???How could all the "experts"miss the winner?Won its maiden at Wyong,then won a c1 at Wyong,then won a race at Rosehill by 4 lengths,then ran 7th in a Group 2,beaten 3.9 lengths by a very smart horse called Sharp.I had it priced at even money!I feel sorry for a battling jockey called J.Penza who has ridden it every start and was listed to ride it in the race it was scratched.Obviously one V.P.Sutherland(who is a very good man with a horse)thought the last race was an easier one to win,and made sure of it by taking the claim.
cheers
Old 29th February 2004, 03:55 PM

hi P68
also lil elsa was a dual entry SR8+SR9 does anybody have any results on dual entry horses
i think about 3-5 weeks ago g portelli had a horse scratched from kembla? and won in sydney on a saturday at double figure odds?
cya
Old 29th February 2004, 03:57 PM

hi P68
also lil elsa was a dual entry SR8+SR9 does anybody have any results on dual entry horses
i think about 3-5 weeks ago g portelli had a horse scratched from kembla? and won in sydney on a saturday at double figure odds?
does anybody keep stats on these horses
cya
Old 29th February 2004, 04:11 PM
Banned

Hi ginger,I haven't got any results, but they seem to bob up all the time.Also you can check in certain papers [winning post] and a certain site from w.a, and see there are horses nominated for friday/saturday,friday/sunday and saturday/sunday that are daul accepters.