Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th March 2007, 03:59 PM
Beagle

Default Best place to bet

I don't know if this has had a run before but could all the gamblers out there have your say on where you reckon is the best place to place a bet. There seems to be a lot of bad points against the Tabs but how do they compare with bookmakers on the internet?
Old 9th March 2007, 04:16 PM

I would say betfair for most of your win bets, or top fluc with any other company. Place betting i would definately use Sportsbet or any other that offer best tote odds. Usually only for metro meetings only. I use IAS for non-metro place betting as it gives you at least better than 2 tote dividends. Often IAS early bird is good for win bets if you know how to spot value. I would only use the TAB's for exotics, or long-shots, but even then i would probably still use IAS.
Old 9th March 2007, 05:57 PM
Suspended.

Depending on your bet amounts and what you back. Stab is the best TAB overall for prices and betting in advance. If you want a wait until almost the jump, Betfair is the go but in my experience, but generally not for long shots. AIS can be good for set odds and will pay a little more than STAB [very little]. They are the go if you bet decent amounts and can remember the golden rule:Take out any profits regularly!

If your a $100 bank Sat. punter, go for convenience and use an Stab account. Cash in - Cash out. If you are a wait for the jump punter you'll make a little more out of Betfair.

Last edited by crash : 9th March 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 9th March 2007, 06:38 PM

Have a bookie that has "best of three" totes on Metrop racing. Betfair, IAS and Betchoice are my main outs.
Old 10th March 2007, 12:11 AM

Tabs are a waste of time Sportsbet beats them everytime and you can put as little as $1 on and take best of three or top fluc, they can handle most exotics and have a better multi bet system than the tabs, you can mix sports and racing in an allup bet.
Old 10th March 2007, 07:53 AM
Suspended.

Smile

Trouble with account betting for many punters is, apart from being to easy too deposit money from a credit card, what goes in rarely comes out. Some like 'Betzy' even offer credit which is not a smart option for a punter but always a temptation.

Last edited by crash : 10th March 2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12th March 2007, 07:19 PM
Beagle

Thumbs up

Thanks to all who answered this thread. I'm sure a lot of people learnt something from your answers. I know I did.