Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th April 2008, 06:44 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Just forget that last post as it might get me banned. Just forget I ever said it and I take it all back.
It just isn't worth saying anything controversial here. It will get me banned for sure. So sorry I said anything.

Of course it's OK, within reason, to post something controversial.
But it is not OK to flame other posters.
Moderator.

I'm sorry about that. I never really saw it as flaming but with hindsight. yes your right. Sorry about that Privateer. I thought I was just 'ragging'. No offense was meant.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:24 AM

I've gone out of my way to help fellow punters over the years only to be the subject of abuse and negativity. There is some wonderful information available on this site for punters prepared by people who have done all of the hard yards for you. Unfortunately, that punter mentality kicks in. You know the one, "yeah, right, THAT can't win! I can pick something to beat it." So you ignore the advice right there before your eyes and go with your own theories only to lose yet again.

A number of years ago, I spent months, my own long service leave, travelling back and forth 6 days a week, 10 hours a day to the Brisbane State Library analysing race results into statistics until I was almost blind! Finally, I came up with something workable and effective as a base method of horse selection that I still use today.

I've regularly shared some of that information here over the years, posted a contact email address and spent hours helping fellow punters only to end up copping a mouthful of inane abuse from a poster that I previously respected. I now wonder why I ever bothered.

Use this goldmine of information here at Propun wisely. Research it! Be flexible in your thoughts and lateral in your thinking. Be prepared to accept and respect the ideas of others and of course, never, ever, ever bet on a rain affected track!

Good luck

Privateer
Old 10th April 2008, 05:20 PM

Wink

Well it's been a good while since I've been here, but I couldn't resist dropping a post when I saw Mr Pareto had made a cameo...

Trust you're well Privateer?

I am a fortunate one that Privateer shared some of his learnings with and have been operating a simple little method for about four years now that has generated an average of 23% profit on bank per annum over that time.

But now he has got me intrigued with some other postings suggesting he has modified his method. I do pray that he has not found more holy grail?

Drop a line Privateer. I'd love to catch up.

Cheers,
Luckyboy
Old 10th April 2008, 06:23 PM
Suspended.

Smile

I'd love to see some up-front tips. Just for 1 Sat. would do.
Old 10th April 2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
and of course, never, ever, ever bet on a rain affected track!
privateer, if your still around would you care to expand on that statement,

i am interested purely because wet tracks have over a long punting period have made no difference to my bottom line, so im not having a go in any way, just interested in the logic

thanks in anticipation
Old 11th April 2008, 08:37 AM
Suspended.

I agree with Privateers statement on wet tracks. Any worse than dead 4 and I'm not interested. More water than that and the track conditions are never even, it's all over the shop. Not only that but horses are having muck kicked up into their face as is the jockey. Even form is out the window.

It always stumps me at the amount of punters who not only have no problems winning on wet tracks but even like them! Is it system based punting or form study?
Old 11th April 2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
It always stumps me at the amount of punters who not only have no problems winning on wet tracks but even like them! Is it system based punting or form study?
Crash, all I can relate is that when I started punting & really had no clue as to what I was doing, the state of the track was never a consideration. It became so later on & I still recall the 1st time I lost confidence in a selection solely because of a slow track, didn’t back it & of course it won @ around 20's

I've backed plenty that obviously cant handle the going & I know I've done my bet after 400m, but I could say the same about plenty of others I’ve backed on good tracks that have missed the start, been checked, caught wide etc etc

anyway enough rambling, my point is that for all the bad bets I’ve made on wet tracks, their ratio seems no different to the bad bets I’ve made when its dry. The reasons for the poor runs may be different from wet to dry, but does that really matter? I dont think so
Old 11th April 2008, 11:20 AM
Suspended.

I guess the main difference to me is depending on the track, some of the weird biases wet tracks can produce. It throws another spanner in the works to deal with [as well s the other points I mentioned earlier]. Still, it doesn't seem to matter to a lot of punters. I know from my past experience though, to leave the wet tracks alone. Just my experience anyway.
Old 12th April 2008, 07:08 AM

G'day All. New to punting and thought i'd try to get some informed ideas from those with a better clue instead of blindly giving away my $$ to the TAB. Lookin at crash's system. can someone please tell me what 'must be 3rd or 4th up' means and where to find that info? best bets or daily papers? Thanks
Old 12th April 2008, 11:20 AM
Banned

Smile

Reaper.
Look at the number of runs after the X.

Cheers.
darky

ps.Dont forget WHIZ PUNT.