Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2009, 02:33 PM

Default More than 1 TAB account?

A quick question can I have more than 1 TAB account, I have a TAB (Vic) account. Can I also have a S-TAB account or NSW TTAB acount too?

The reason I ask is I've some good advise from some of you to look for the best odds available. So with that in mind I have just opened a Betfair account and am looking into a Sportsbet account.

Ta,
Mike.
Old 29th March 2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quick Answer,

YES.
Old 29th March 2009, 10:24 PM

S-tab is the (vic) tab, you only need (NSW) and (QLD)

For any one else interested if you hold a betfair account you can bet in to the S-tab pools with out having an account i understand.
Old 30th March 2009, 08:34 AM
Suspended.

Overall, Stab pays better than any other TAB. The problem with deciding on which TAB to use if you have multiple TAB accounts, is that the SP price won't be known until after the jump. What can seem the best price just before the jump is often not the case, especially during the week and on Sundays. Hardly worth the hassle.
Old 30th March 2009, 09:46 AM

Smile

Why would you want to have a TAB account (irrespective of which one!) unless you want to take some of the exotics such as Big 6, Quaddies etc.? Many of the Bookie sites (Sportsbet, Betezy etc) give you the best of the 3 totes or SP if that is greater. We are very lucky with all the options we now have especially with Sportsbet's Super Saturdays and Free bets. I have not investigated Betfair as I am not sure it would suit my style of betting.

Just my thoughts.

Try Try Again
Old 30th March 2009, 10:24 AM
Suspended.

Best of 3 TAB price always? Not quite so regarding Sportsbet. The devil is always in the rules detail:

167. 'City Best Plus' and ‘City Best’ applies to all metropolitan race meetings in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
167.1 City Best Plus is available for Win only and Each Way ('EW') wagers when placing wagers online and at least matches the best Win dividend declared by two of the national TAB's, UNiTAB and the Starting Price (refer to rule 173.).
167.2 The Place portion of EW wagers will be paid at the better dividend of one quarter win SP dividend or the best of the three national TAB's.
167.3 If less than 10 runners, the Place portion of the EW wagers is paid at City Best (refer to rule 167.5).

Having pointed that out, I'm not saying Sportsbet is a poor betting choice but there are advantages to a TAB, like easy cash in cash out and access to exotics etc.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:36 PM

Smile

Hi Crash,

You are absolutely correct.

I bet only on Metropolitan races on Saturdays on the internet so your point 167 is the only one that applies to my betting.

Try Try Again