Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st January 2012, 05:40 AM

Smile Form Ratings 2010.xls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
From the Unitab site i can only get data from the main page as i don't have an account.

I can get data from Cyberhorse and i have made many updates to fix issues and stuff.

What version of excel do you have?

Good Morning Shaun,
I am using excel 2007 version.
As stated in my previous response, can I have a copy of your Form Ratings 2010.xls spreadsheet please (latest version).

Kind regards...

gsdanger...
Old 31st January 2012, 05:54 AM

Smile Form Ratings 2010.xls

Quote:
From the Unitab site i can only get data from the main page as i don't have an account.

I can get data from Cyberhorse and i have made many updates to fix issues and stuff.

What version of excel do you have?

Good Morning Shaun, again,

Further to my last reply (excel version 2007),
I only used unitab for the complete form download. I don't bet with them. I bet with the NSW TAB. So I don't care where the form downloads come from, as long as the spreadsheet works. So if your Form Ratings 2010 spreadsheet extracts form from other souces than Unitab, that's fine. I just want to look at experimenting with your spreadsheet (very good) with some rating and pricing ideas I have.

Hope you can supply me with a copy of your latest version of your spreadsheet.

Kind Regards..

gsdanger....
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:13 AM

Smile FOrm Ratings 2010.xls

Quote:
I have updated the sheet but will store it offsite for easier updates the link is in my sig.

I have added some ratings figures and a new pricing system so will do some testing myself.

Thanks for the help in getting this done as it will make my own ratings much easier to use.

Good Morning Shaun,

I noticed in your quote above, you mention that the link to this spreadsheet is "the link is in my sig".
Where can I access the link please? What does "the link is in my sig" mean?, and where can I access this?

Please respond. Kind Regards... gsdanger...
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:31 AM

Here you go, this is my latest sheet it has been reworked from the sheet you had and imports data in a different way.

The sheet also contains the newest ratings idea i was using so feel free to use it or rework it for your own.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm Ratings 2012.xlsm (7.41 MB, 1144 views)
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:35 PM

Smile Ratings 2012

Quote:
Here you go, this is my latest sheet it has been reworked from the sheet you had and imports data in a different way.

The sheet also contains the newest ratings idea i was using so feel free to use it or rework it for your own.

Good Day Shaun,

Thank you very much for this spreadsheet. I have downloaded it and ran it.
Unfortunately, reading the instructions, in particular items 3 and 5, there is a reference to a drop down box? The left column under "Race Venues" is blank. I cannot locate any drop down box on the Racelist sheet... Am I missing something? If so, please indicate where I can locate this drop down box please.

Kind Regards..

gsdanger....
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:59 PM

If you have a list of races in the box the drop down box is on the left.

When you first open the sheet go to RaceList sheet and you should see 4 venues already in the boxes, click an empty one and see if you get the list of races.

This is an old race day but if you see the list than you know that part works.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
If you have a list of races in the box the drop down box is on the left.

When you first open the sheet go to RaceList sheet and you should see 4 venues already in the boxes, click an empty one and see if you get the list of races.

This is an old race day but if you see the list than you know that part works.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your time on this...
I have re-installed the spreadsheet just now and have run it.
I have gone to the Racelist sheet.There are 2 columns under Race Venues.
The right hand one has all the downloaded race venues in it Wanganui, Rockhampton, Hawkesbury, Geraldton and Ballarat. Obviously todays races.
the left hand column is completely blank. I have clicked all the left hand cells. All I get is an indication that the cell is the active cell. No drop down box ! I'm sure the rest of the process won't function without selecting the race venue I want. Any thoughts. Please assist...

Kind Regards...gsdanger
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:19 PM

Still the Data Validation issue, no problem try this version, same instruction except a bit different to get the races in the box on the left.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm FVRatings 2012 Update.xlsm (7.34 MB, 1044 views)
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Still the Data Validation issue, no problem try this version, same instruction except a bit different to get the races in the box on the left.

Hi shaun,

Yep... That version worked..Thanks heaps for this..As you know, I have been fiddling around with spreadsheets and ratings for years (over 10). I had it all worked out with the Unitab downloads and my spreadsheet rating sheet. Unfortunately, unitab decided to alter their detailed formguide options. It rendered my download options from them useless.
I have since been looking at re-creating a spreadsheet again, similar to my original Kwikpick.xls spreadsheet. Your effors have been magnificent....
You have saved me countless hourse of frustration with trial and errors with VBA , functions and formulas. A thousand thank yous to you (and a few beers).
I will make a copy of your spreadsheet and use the copy as experimenting with the rating values, and other things. If i manage to create the Eldorado...I will post it here for all to share in....Here's hoping, although your ratings seem to be close to the mark..You never know, another pair of eyes and a bit more grey matter can help us all.
Once again, thank you for this spreadsheet. I will keep you advised of my exploits and results.

Kind Regards......gsdanger
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:26 PM

Glad it worked, just about everything i know about excel is used in that sheet from the downloads to the formulas that extract the info.

It has always been a work in progress and some parts of the sheet are still incomplete but as a working ratings it does work.

A lot of info in there has been provided by members of this forum and others, particularly the pricing side of it that i have struggled to get as accurate as possible.

The pricing was provided by a member from this forum the name escapes me at this time but i am sure they know who they are and is contained on other threads.

The original download idea was first posted by Kennedy can't recall his exact user name, he also has some downloads on this site that are a bit more refined but i adapted them to suit my needs and knowledge of excel.

A lot of info was gained from Mr Excel Forums that place has a wealth of information and help, specific racing macros and formulas were obtained from the Gruss forum.

these are just a few places i gained the knowledge to create the program, Google search filled in the rest.

If you are looking at a new source of data to download take a look at centrebet.com they have a great form guide that i was going to use if cyberhorse ever failed on me.