Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th July 2013, 06:56 PM

Question How’s your Punting Days’ Money Management???

Hello all,
Was wondering, we all have our methods of selection, be it ratings, selection services, tipsters, or just your gut feeling. There are a myriad of races on Saturdays to choose from. You could rate all of them, but how do you filter the bettable races? How do you decide on which to bet?
Being mindful of the essential Money Management requirements, what are your methods of controlling your money on the day?
Do you put your bets on all at once?
Do you chain bet?
Do you have a percentage profit target for the day, and cease betting when that profit margin is achieved?
Do you bet on the overlays (according to your prices)?
Do you Dutch bet your top 3 or 4 selections?
Do you bet according to your assessed price percentage?
I know it’s a personal preference thing, and I’m sure most of us (me included) have tossed around in our minds how to approach the day’s racing. How do I make a profit from the maze of info in front of me? Win betting? exotic betting? How much should I commit to my selections? When should I stop?
I work five days a week, getting home just after 5pm every weekday, and (like most of us) Saturday is my main target for trying to turn a profit. Having just the one (or 2 if you include the low races on Sundays) race day to profit from places more pressure on you. Your selections may be spot on, however, if you don’t bet them correctly, you could end up down the punting gurgler!.
I’m interested on what you successful punters do. Whats your mantra for achieving a consistent return from this very hard game?

gsdanger
Old 8th July 2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdanger
Being mindful of the essential Money Management requirements, what are your methods of controlling your money on the day?

It's not a daily pursuit .....
Old 8th July 2013, 08:43 PM

Hi Garry,

I agree with Barny, but there might be a little middle ground if you are a Saturday to Saturday punter. If you want to focus on a daily approach, then have a bank, reserve bank and set yourself a target profit and safety net for the day.

For example:-
Bank $100
Reserve $100
Target 10% ($10) - variable
Safety Net 50% ($50) - variable

The keys to remember are to:-
- Stop when you achieve your target profit -or-
- Stop when you hit your safety net
- Recalculate your bank and reserve at the end of the day ready for next week.
- The larger the target the greater the risk and the increase likelihood you'll need your safety net, particularly if you are focussing on one day (Last Saturday had 40 metro, 32 provincial and 24 country races assuming they were all bettable).
- You can stake however you want after this.

The reserve bank can be optional if you are a real Saturday to Saturday punter, but from what I've experienced, that is a recipe for the poor house very quickly.

Cheers

Brett
Old 8th July 2013, 09:17 PM
Banned

Smile

I use 1/4 Kelly on a Daily basis and bet ALL slections to win 4 % of Bank
Old 8th July 2013, 10:34 PM

I have particular races that i feel my ratings work best on, all my bets go on at once so some days i am up others i am down, each week i will look at my results, i play a percentage game, if i am correct the percentages will be in my favor and i will be in profit.

I would say i am the newest pro around here only going full time about a week ago, time will tell if i am successful or not.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee