Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st April 2004, 12:16 PM

No Unitab System selections for today.

However, there are two Non-System selections:
Hawkesbury R7 no.6 - Finest Jewel (5 pts)
Mt. Barker R7 no.4 - Buduga Miss (5 pts)
P.S. Both would have been selections in our usual Unitab System if they they had placed at their last starts.

No selections for my system.
Old 1st April 2004, 08:19 PM

Well these 2 didn't do very well today for the 5pt plan but I'm pretty certain I know why......they were both around the $10 mark in the on course betting (ie the bookie's market) making them about 5th or 6th in the betting.

When I look back at the results, it would appear that if the selections are either Fav or 2nd fav they run really well (and win lots of the time) but if they drift out then they perform badly overall. Now I realise it's difficult for some punters to be able to check the market before they bet but I think the figures would improve dramatically if bets are limited to those 5 pointers being either fav or 2nd fav with a max price limit of $5.50 (regardless of market position). This would eliminate really open races where there are lots of chances (and a fav or even 2nd fav at say $6.00) and it would also eliminate races where there's an odds on pop running against the selection as generally the 2nd fav is around $5 or $6.

I will be tracking these from now on using this filter and see how it goes. And today there would have been no bets. All of the previous 5 bets fell in this range except for mindreader which was $6.00 at the jump and therefore could have been eliminated.

Any thoughts?
Old 2nd April 2004, 08:19 AM

Hi, Michaelv.

I am using a system (loosely based on a PPM system and is profitable so far) for Saturday and Wednesday racing where my cut-off price in the pre-post market is $5.50. This has eliminated quite a few losers, so I would agree that your suggestion of the $5.50 price has merit.

And I agree it would be more accurate to use the real prices and not pre-post. Your figures using real prices supports this, as the losers would have been eliminated. But as you say, not many people, including myself, would be in a position to check the real market.

Maybe the last-start-placegetter rule in the normal Unitab System might somewhat reduce the possibility of the selection easing in the betting? In fact, I would not be surprised if all the winners in the system firmed because they have all paid less than their pre-post prices - and some pre-post prices are framed around 150%.