Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th February 2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf
i actually rang to confirm the data after spending at least half an hour on the phone and going through numerous examples he said to me the $$$ settings and the distance columns were interpreting the wrong data nothing more nothing less he stated that the $$$ column was to identify the 1st down to the last horse in the order of the prizemoney won then too put that figure as a rating so the highest ranked api will always be the horse with the highest rating same as the days criteria horses racing in around the 7 days will always get 20 points down to horses resuming from a spell will get a rating of 1-2 etc no great mystery really maybe you could give him a call to confirm that they are working on these two columns only as again i state they are interpreting the wrong read his words exactly to me on thursday
cheers
garyf

If that is the case then they are not using a neural network to work out the rating and therefore shouldn't call it as such.

Anyway glad you picked it up.
Old 13th February 2011, 05:06 PM
garyf

Smile wrong settings

unsure on that one all that was related to me was the p/money column was calculated on prizemoney won over the last 12 months unlike most services who just give an api for a horses career eg dynamic race-odds column risa i'm led to believe give total p/money won leaving you to divide it by nos of starts for a average didn't discuss the distance column other than them saying the same horse was top rated for the distance column after having one run at 1200 metres ran 2nd last in a maiden now stepped up to a ratings 62 over 1600 didn't ring to query that column they picked it up themselves i'm like you i thought the neurals were based on mathematical computer generated formulas to complicated for anyone to work out even the programmers who knows maybe they are reckon the time algorythm is but after speaking to them i can assure you the p/money isn't at least it's based on last 12 months not career wasted hundreds of hours putting it on a spreadsheet when these two columns are wrong the r+s people are very committed to fixing the problem we are dealing with computers unfortunately am ringing them tomorrow to see the progress am sure the problem will be fixed just not sure how long it could take
cheers
garyf
Old 13th February 2011, 05:14 PM
garyf

Smile wrong settings

must remember i didn't advise them till late thursday as everyone knows the data for friday saturday and sunday were already listed on the site so no chance of fixing those 3 days
cheers
garyf
Old 13th February 2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

& who said paragraphs & full stops were overrated...
Old 14th February 2011, 10:12 AM
garyf

Smile wrong settings

hi all
just a quick post to advise members that i've just got off the phone to R+S they have advised me the( $$$) + the (distance) columns are still giving the wrong read but they are still working to solve the issue but unfortunately with an issue like this could not give me an exact date they advised me to ring back wednesday again which i will do it appears only these two columns are interpreting the wrong data they input for some reason the others columns are working fine
cheers
garyf