Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th January 2013, 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=peterpan]I would also add Jockeys to that.
After many years of the daily grind of a computer and sky, one gets to notice a few things about certain people that can add to ones punting armory.

Would you back a first starter over 1400 metres, or a first up over 2000 metres, I would and do, IF they are from a certain stable. Most wouldn't!!

How do you feel about a Jockey that is classed as one of the top in NSW. Would you back him on a favourite that ticks all the boxes and is backed like it is unbeatable. I wouldn't and don't.

Just a couple of things that I've noticed over time and go through my head when I look at a race, ( there are many more ).[/QUOTE

If we had a like box on this site. I'd click it. I think over the last few days we have had some real positive threads.

Star
Old 5th January 2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
[QUOTE=peterpan]I think over the last few days we have had some real positive threads.

Star
Maybe. But are we any closer to the Holy Grail? I think not.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
[QUOTE=peterpan]
Would you back a first starter over 1400 metres, or a first up over 2000 metres, I would and do, IF they are from a certain stable. Most wouldn't!!

How do you feel about a Jockey that is classed as one of the top in NSW. Would you back him on a favourite that ticks all the boxes and is backed like it is unbeatable. I wouldn't and don't.

Just shows how many different ways there are to profit from the punt. Each person has their own way of beating it.
Old 5th January 2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie

When it comes to the search for the HG, every man has his own crusade I feel i.e. Less of the 'we' and more of the 'me', in this respect.
Also, with one or two big life journeys under my belt.. is becoming apparent to me that we could get to the end of the journey and realise that we have had the shiny mug in our sweaty palms the whole time. The answer being the journey itself of course, and the benefit of wisdom gathered along the way.

Better to say that we have lived our lives in search for the blessed thing most of our days (if it is a thing) and travelled the long and windy road, rather than not having lived at all ?

Here endeth...

LG
Old 5th January 2013, 08:09 PM

Thumbs up

" the journey itself "

Never were truer words spoken IMHO.
Old 5th January 2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Also, with one or two big life journeys under my belt.. is becoming apparent to me that we could get to the end of the journey and realise that we have had the shiny mug in our sweaty palms the whole time. The answer being the journey itself of course, and the benefit of wisdom gathered along the way.

Better to say that we have lived our lives in search for the blessed thing most of our days (if it is a thing) and travelled the long and windy road, rather than not having lived at all ?

Here endeth...

LG

First things first ..... Define the "Holy Grail". I've read about it on here probably 100+ times but haven't seen anyone describe what it is they're actually trying to achieve. Good business practice has clear objectives yet punters seem to think they don't need to apply good business practice to their punting. Haphazard comes to mind. If you're satisfied with "the journey itself" then you're a certainty to lose your hard earned on a regular basis. Take comfort that your hard earned is going into the bank accounts of those who can identify when the window of opportunity has presented itself and they've acted accordingly !!
Old 5th January 2013, 08:26 PM

Thought we were talking about life in general, not the punt.
Old 5th January 2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose

No ..... UB responded to Bernie about the "Holy Grail".

Geez what chance have we got when we can't even decide if we're directing the "Holy Grail" towards the punt or towards some cosmic life journey ..... lol
Old 5th January 2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie

Yes, we are, But I am not going to divulge it. lol

In reality, no closer at all.

Star
Old 5th January 2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose

Yes Jose but life itself is a 'punt', it's how we got here in the 1st place.. every one of us. The biggest gamble of all perhaps - what we do with our time when it's our turn, and the opportunities that can slip away? Being satisfied with a life of lessons learned, which means often falling down but getting up again, dusting oneself down and carrying on along the way.

Yes, that's it !

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 5th January 2013 at 08:49 PM.