Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st May 2006, 10:45 AM

Default Don Scott class rating figures

Are Don Scotts' class figures still relevent for this eras racing even after 25 years since last published , and is there anyone still using his figures instead of the ones put out by VRC or AJC ( i dont know if AJC have finished there updated figures yet !) , I would be interested to know if there any other class rating figures around or formulas to arrive at a class fig . Can anybody enlighten me on this .

Regards ,
Ingust
Old 1st May 2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingust
I would be interested to know if there any other class rating figures around or formulas to arrive at a class fig . Can anybody enlighten me on this.

Why would you want to invent the wheel when there are now class figures available both from Racing Victoria, Racing NSW & the WATC that are an excellent base from where to start. These class ratings are provided and updated by professional handicappers and are as good as they get.
Old 1st May 2006, 12:46 PM

Hi, La Mer,

Would you be abel to point me and others that are interested toward the source of this information?
By that I mean where I could get these ratings?

Thank you
Michal
Old 1st May 2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
Hi, La Mer, Would you be abel to point me and others that are interested toward the source of this information? By that I mean where I could get these ratings? Thank you Michal

Go to: http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/in...d=114&Itemid=16

and:

http://www.racingnsw.com.au/page.asp?parm=han.main

or:

http://www.waturf.org.au/html/racing/race_news.asp

look for rating based handicapping & the various policy documents which are similar but different according to local racing conditions.

Either one is a very good base to formulate personal ratings.
Old 1st May 2006, 01:43 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
Hi, La Mer,

Would you be able to point me and others that are interested toward the source of this information?
By that I mean where I could get these ratings?

Thank you
Michal

I think La Mer misunderstood your question ['where could I get these ratings'?]. You won't get 'ratings' from any of those sites.

A good class guide is prize money contested [in most cases]. A horse that has won a $40k race is useually a better horse than one who's best effort is a $20k race etc. For the average punter who doesn't realize that a horse winning a C3 dosn't nessasarily mean that it is a classer horse than one that has only won a C1, as that would depend on where those races where won. Recent race prizemoney contested and won [in a race I mean, not a horses whole carreer] is always a pretty good class guide. Class ratings in Aust. are a massive road accident. 'Average earnings' arn't a bad class guide either.

Last edited by crash : 1st May 2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 1st May 2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
I think La Mer misunderstood your question ['where could I get these ratings'?]. You won't get 'ratings' from any of those sites.

A good class guide is prize money contested [in most cases]. A horse that has won a $40k race is useually a better horse than one who's best effort is a $20k race etc. For the average punter who doesn't realize that a horse winning a C3 dosn't nessasarily mean that it is a classer horse than one that has only won a C1, as that would depend on where those races where won. Prizemoney is always a pretty good class guide. Class ratings in Aust. are a massive road accident.

Crash, you might be right I may have misunderstood, but in fact, as well as the handicapping policies & class tables, the actual handicappers ratings are available from all these sites.
Old 1st May 2006, 05:44 PM

La Mer,

Thank you, I have found what I needed.

Michal
Old 1st May 2006, 06:05 PM

Default scotts fig

Thanks to everyone who took interest in the topic , i still havent found what iam after , which is a shortcut to the class figure , i have looked at the VRC figs which i suppose i will use , must be getting lazy in my old age , i like everything easy ,

Regard good punting to you all

Ingust
Old 10th May 2006, 12:38 PM

I use the Wizard Form Guides class indicator (Cls) eg. eq or dn and; the field strength (FS) as a guide. The FS "measures the difference between the quality of the field against which the horse raced last start and will confront in the forethcoming race." eg FS -2.0 means the upcoming race is 2.0 kg weaker for that horse than last start.

In combination with the Wrat and Impact Form, I have found it a good way to narrow down the chances.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:20 PM

Wink

Ingust,if you want to make things easier for yourself, just use the past ratings provided for free on the tasmanian tab website www.thetote.com.au and go to the form link on the left hand menu and then interactive form. I've found these to be as accurate as any and best of all they are free. To reduce the figures to kilos just divide by 13.3 and round to the nearest half kilo, and then adjust for the current weights and any other bonuses or penalties you feel are necessary.

Why 13.3? I read on the forum somewhere that 20 ratings points was equal to a length on the ratings, so based on 1 length = 1.5 kilos which seems to be the norm with most methods i just divided 20 by 1.5

Might not be everybodys cup of tea, but I find them pretty good, of course it all comes down to which run you wish to choose as your base run. some would use the last run , others best of the last 3 ( which from memory was what Scott used) some may use an average, or the best rating at the distance of the current race. Hope this has been some help and the best of luck with it.