Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th January 2013, 06:20 PM

Default Hawkesbury Inner Track

Hi Gentlemen, I've been noticing a few results where the last start was Hawkesbury Inner Track. But I cant seem to find any times relating to races at this venue.

It's some years now since I went to Hawkesbury races, there was never an inner track back then, at least not that I recall.

Has anyone got any info on this,...?

Regards, Paul

PS, it doesnt come up on CP's data base either.
Old 4th January 2013, 06:55 PM

Just to explain why I am interested in this. Over recent weeks I've set up a spreadsheet wherein I copy and paste (from Unitab) the fields for races of 1500m and beyond for Saturday Sydney and Melbourne meetings. I then compare all results of all runners to the par time for that track/distance/going.

Based on a figure of 100 with pluses/minutes etc for beaten margin, weight variation going into todays race, I come up with a rating for each runner. Only looking at races of 1500 plus, it eliminates first uppers. I then look at the improvement of each runner (compared to par times) over the last 3 runs, obviously leaning towards an improvement from 3rd last, 2nd last and last run.

My par times are the average of the ten best times for all tracks/distances/going over the last 5 years. My data base within my spreadsheet is now around the 4,000 mark.

I could pretty much use it for all venues throughout Australia on any day, but at this stage only doing Saturdays.

I'm keeping tally of my results for trifecta purposes for boxing the top whatevers. And also hope to hone in on a solid win bet by what I have outlined above.

Regards, Paul
Old 4th January 2013, 09:57 PM

Pauls
It's a grass track built inside the old track and they have been using it for at least the last 3 meetings that I have noticed. It doesn't favour front runners as much as the old track but I know no more about it. A map is shown here.
http://www.************************...er_340/Results/

Last edited by SpeedyBen : 4th January 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 4th January 2013, 10:00 PM

Try punters paradise
Old 4th January 2013, 10:28 PM

Hi Pauls123,

Interesting strategy you have there, similar to an idea I have to set up a speed rating. How is it going for you?

Matt.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:06 PM

Hi there Speedy Ben, thanks for that, just cant seem to get any info on times,...oh well.

Hey there Mattio, Thanks also. I've pretty much just recently set all this up. Started it some weeks ago, then all the fam arrived for the Christmas period, pushed it all aside etc, now back into it. Initially I decided just to do the 1500plus and average the last 3 starts. But then I noticed that the last start was performing better than the average of the last 3 starts. I didnt change my spreadsheet fortunately as I had a ton of formulas set up. Then I got to thinking, and observing, that when a horse starts to get up into a distance, it should (hopefully), start to improve with each run. And just happened to notice that a couple of winners had improved with each of their last 3 runs. I put in a formula to indicate this to me.

Tomorrow there are only 4 races (sydney and melbourne) for me to look at. Last saturday I think there were 8, and it picked 2 winners on top that paid, from memory around the $13 and $9 mark.

The only other filter I use is the class filter, which I sort of have to do manually, just type in a up/down/same next to each runner. It's not really a filter just more of a guide and something to look at.

When I get up to date with a couple of other chores around the house, I might look at more days/venues etc. Just that I like to watch the races each saturday on TVN.

Regards, Paul
Old 4th January 2013, 11:26 PM

I'd like to trade ideas with you on this if you are interested, my email is weststigers4life at hot mail dot com.

Matt.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:39 AM

There is one other thing I look at also, built into my spreadsheet, each horses record at the distance.

The other issue with tracks is that you continually get varying distances that a horse raced at last start/s. For example Sale 2019m or something similar. Then I have to use my times for Sale 2000, divide the time by 2000 and multiply that by 2019, fiddly but the only way you can do it.

I usually get about a dozen or so of these every race day. Just continually adds to my data base within my spreadsheet for the VLOOKUP formula.

Mattio, email on the way,

Regards, Paul
Old 5th January 2013, 11:29 AM

Cheers Paul, I'll get back to you with some ideas I have around this concept.

Matt.
Old 5th January 2013, 05:51 PM

Just for interest sake, I rated just the 4 races today, 2 at WF and 2 at Caulfield.

The 2 top raters for WF both had improvement in their previous 3 starts and both won today. Race 3 paying $2.70 after firming from around the $4 mark,...and Race 6 paying $26.60 or even more, depending where you backed it.

The 2 top raters for Caulfield had not shown improvement in their previous 3 runs and both lost,..hmm,......most interesting,

Regards, Paul