Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th April 2011, 12:15 PM

Default Following the cash

on the IAS site they show when some big bets are placed, I've noticed when its a substantial bet say like $5000 win etc the success rate seems to be particularly high.

Has anyone followed this for any length of time?
Old 6th April 2011, 02:21 PM

Hi party,

Are refering to the "big bets" that is accessible in ************** site?
Old 6th April 2011, 03:04 PM

it probably is one and the same, as I know WTB plug IAS a fair bit
Old 6th April 2011, 04:13 PM

There has been programs targeting this specific activity Qld based LSB. it is usually in the last seconds of betting Beton
Old 6th April 2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
There has been programs targeting this specific activity Qld based LSB. it is usually in the last seconds of betting Beton

I remember I inquired about one of those Queensland based ones once years back. They took me through the program live online and they had a platform that showed all the bets being placed with the totes and you also would have say 3 different tote accounts so you could get the best price back then.

From memory it did okay but there were some losing races. With the asking price being something like $10,000 I gave it a miss.

I tried to look at the VIC TAB site as they have the fluctuations and % amounts that horses have come in/gone out for the previous minute(s) or whatever but I didn't do too well so gave up on that idea.

Last edited by The Ocho : 6th April 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 6th April 2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
I remember I inquired about one of those Queensland based ones once years back. They took me through the program live online and they had a platform that showed all the bets being placed with the totes and you also would have say 3 different tote accounts so you could get the best price back then.

From memory it did okay but there were some losing races. With the asking price being something like $10,000 I gave it a miss.

I tried to look at the VIC TAB site as they have the fluctuations and % amounts that horses have come in/gone out for the previous minute(s) or whatever but I didn't do too well so gave up on that idea.

I believe a few of the ddgy ones did the same thing. But what they did was say it was live but had a delay of 2 mins. Because your in a room with them you don't know it delayed unless you brought your own radio.

They would know who to bet as they already knew the winner.

This wasn't all of them but it definietly tarnished the image of anyne who provided similar software.
Old 6th April 2011, 06:03 PM

I was following Bhagwan's bet the 3rd fav in the first 6 races. There seems to be merit there but will need a bot. In the last five minutes you see a 4th or fifth fav at $9+ suddenly move to 2nd fav at $4.50. Again you would need a bot or sit at the screen all day. Even sitting at the screen i had visitors and phone calls as well as self induced lapses and missed bets by seconds or bet the third fav only for a fourth or fifth fav pip it, sometimes this was after the betting closed. Beton
Old 6th April 2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
I was following Bhagwan's bet the 3rd fav in the first 6 races. There seems to be merit there but will need a bot. In the last five minutes you see a 4th or fifth fav at $9+ suddenly move to 2nd fav at $4.50. Again you would need a bot or sit at the screen all day. Even sitting at the screen i had visitors and phone calls as well as self induced lapses and missed bets by seconds or bet the third fav only for a fourth or fifth fav pip it, sometimes this was after the betting closed. Beton

A bot is the best way to go if you don't want to miss anything. It is a bit more disciplined and tends to pay more attention than the average bear.

And, don't forget, some people don't want to use it because they may have heard of horror stories losing their entrie account. If anyone is afraid of that just have minimum funds in the account you will be using (Aus or UK). If betting below minimum though, you will need to have at least the minimum bet amount ($5 in Aus) in your account plus the amount for the bet if backing and obviously the required liability if laying.
Old 6th April 2011, 06:38 PM

not quite what I was getting at but still no problem, as it has sparked some dialogue at least
Old 6th April 2011, 06:55 PM

Yeah party, lets get back to your original post.

I did a comprehensive study on the big bets but alas like everything else there was no merit in continuing with it.

I recorded the bets. number of bets on the same horse and the results.

Basically, there wasn't enough profit to be made to cover the loses. Generally when a big bet went on joe public would follow. Occasionally a bet would be made on an outsider but this again proved fruitless.

Cheers