Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th December 2010, 06:50 PM

Default Want to monitor a system Automatically?

If anyone wants to monitor their systems automatically then give me a yell. I'll set something up for you if you provide the rules and they are at least showing less then a 5% loss over the life of my database.
Old 11th December 2010, 08:08 PM

Whats this about wesmip? As in something that will automatically find the days selections for you? It does get tedious manually trying to run few a few systems at once. Or is it to run system rules through your database to determine if they are profitable?

Today I decided to align the rules of my 2 main selection methods, now they are identical bar the major "angle" rule, as this helped me sift through the contenders in minutes (and reduced the amount of bets too).
Old 12th December 2010, 07:32 AM

Raven,

Yeah I would put up your selections on the web every day so you can monitor them (mainly to save you time).
Old 12th December 2010, 11:46 AM

Would work well for me, as I usually only bother with Saturday racing.

Here are the plans Im looking at:

1) Consider only races less than 2000m
2) Consider only horses with less than 20 career starts
3) Must have at least 3 career wins
4) Must have less than 56kg before any claim
5) Aged between 3yo and 6yo

Days between runs:
6) Quick back up: Raced in the last 8 days, OR
7) Freshen up: Raced between 28 to 70 days ago.

These are very simple to apply, and using the Sportsmans Chartform, I can list the contenders in minutes now. Before each system had their own elimination rules & all slightly different. But as I say, I've concentrated on Sat only up till now as well.

The On-Pace rule:
8) Horse must have been in the first 4 positions to the turn/400m last start, AND was in the first four positions to the turn/400m at one of its previous two starts.

OK, wesmip, Im not sure if you can automate this final rule, personally i use it as a guide. But you could just list all propable contenders & I make a final decision about whether or not they are on-pacers. **** pert form & R&S form guides have this info so can be found easily.

Yesterday, I eliminated Mascareri under this rule, 7th at turn last start, 5th at turn when 1st up. But I backed The Fugitive in Mlb even though he was 6th at turn last start. I could convince myself he was an on pacer based on his 1st up run & last prep. Swings & roundabouts I hope.

cheers
Old 12th December 2010, 12:57 PM

Raven,

I'll have it up and running with the first 7 rules soon. Have you got an email address I can send you the info for seeing the selections.

I don't currently have the position in running for previous starts so can't do rule 8 but i'll see if I can find something that works instead. Also I'll email you the back tested results of your base rules.

You can email me at psmiffy79@aol.com if you don't want to put your email on here.
Old 12th December 2010, 11:21 PM

Hey guys

wesmip are you using GTX?

I only ask because that's what I use & it can do similar stuff with a module called "Race day auto selector" which I find an absolute breeze. I use another part of the program "User horse flags" to automatically mark the selections that result from rules. I can also group various single selection rules into one group rule that runs all the rules across the days loaded races.

The only pain I have now is that I have to wait till 9am every morning to download the late file which has all the early divies & jockey info from the TAB's. Once that's loaded I can then run my rules (Some of my rules tie in with early prices) Then the real pain is waiting for the NSW TAB to upload all the form guides so I can access individual previous races (Something I have found invaluable in assesing a field when I can see previous runs a horse has had)

If I could do all that the day before I could almost set & forget with an auto betting program. Almost!

Anyway, just thought I'd ask as I was curious to see if there are other programs that do things similar to GTX.

Cheers
Old 13th December 2010, 07:37 AM

iPunter,

Thanks for asking. But no its not GTX, its a custom written program.

GTX is a good package but very expensive unless your already making a good profit and can justify it.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:04 AM

Nice one, sounds like a pearler!

I think up to now I've been about break even at best with GTX purchase. However the more I learn on here & through reading as much as possible I am slowly starting to make it pay for itself.

Best thing I've learned is that the program itself won't automatically earn you a quid, but having the ability to sort through loads of info to trim down to a viable race or selection list is great, the earning comes in when you then grill those races & selections manually & really pick the eyes out of them. Finding value is a big part of it too from what I've learned in my limited experience.

I had a nice little find with Ebbing yesterday at Hobarts 7th race. After becoming a selection via one of my systems it only became totally obvious to me after grilling the field & really studying that runners form (For me that means looking at replays of runners where possible, a HUGE task if I hadn't already narrowed down my choices). At $41 Ebbing was the value for me & thankfully I got on him with confidence, I never would have found that if I had to do all my selections manually.

Anyway, good luck with your efforts mate & thanks for the reply.

Last edited by iPunter : 13th December 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:36 AM
Vortech

Do you have an email addy we can send through the systems to. I believe I
have 5 systems which I use. It takes about 2 hours to sort out the rules which I only apply to Saturday races. Any catches here?
Old 21st December 2010, 06:23 PM

Default no catch

Vortech,

you can email me at psmiffy79@aol.com

There is no catch (ie no cost). If I can do the rules for you I will do the selections for you every day.