Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th April 2005, 08:00 AM

Default Newspaper Tipsters Panels

My research tells me ,that one will strike more winners chasing a conscences panel of tipsters rather than a single tipster.
e.g. Weekend Ausralian , Herald ect.
The Wizard racing paper has a 36% SR from its top 2 conscences panel of computer generated selections. Big difference in SR, similar average div.
They can have days where they strike short prices when they win but they also have prices that get up at suprisingly higher than expected.

Individual tipsters have an average SR of 35%
Therefore ,expect a longer run of outs, their prices can be stronger ,but it depends on the day if the the Favs want to get up all day or not.

If one is good at separating the 2 horses out of the top 2 selections for a result , one should have a million dollars by Xmas.
With a 45% strike rate from the top 2 , the people advocating that this is not the way to go & that there are better ways of doing this ,should have no problem sorting the strongest selection from the said top 2 & only backing them if they are satisfied with the price on offer. Otherwise let the race go.

The fact remains , that the top 2 have a 45% SR , so build on that.

Idea No.1
Target the top 2 in most Fav column in the Weekend Ausralian.
Target races 1400M+
Bet the one with the worst weight rating (100Pters) as per TABQ or Wizard form guide.ect.
What we are trying to do here ,is chase the value runner of the 2.
Its amazing how many winners this produces & some at very good prices.

I would like so see if there are punters out there who would like to share some different ideas, on how they like to use them.
Old 25th April 2005, 12:54 PM

Default Consensus the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
My research tells me ,that one will strike more winners chasing a conscences panel of tipsters rather than a single tipster.
e.g. Weekend Ausralian , Herald ect.
G'day Bhagwan,
There is definite evidence to support your assertion re consensus opinion being superior to any one individual's opinion in selecting the correct outcome of future events. I remember reading an article on the subject in "New Scientist" a couple of years ago. I have made a cursory search for the magazine in my library without success so far but I keep them and it is somewhere close at hand. If you are interested I will find it out and post the relevant item on this thread.
The point of the article,as I recall, briefly, was that the opinion had to be from people who had studied the question and given it serious consideration. All that sounds rather obvious I know but the results were impressive. (From memory the consensus was of opinions on who would win major categories at the Oscars.)
I also remember that there was a rating competition held a few months ago on this forum or the other racing forum and that the tipsters' results were remarkable as far as the majority (i.e. consensus) picking the winner (and exotics) was concerned. During the competition one of the contestants suggested that it might be the basis for a system. I don't know if anthing came of it but I'm sure he was right and I'm even more sure that they had a better strike rate than newspaper tipsters.
All the best.
Old 25th April 2005, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Individual tipsters have an average SR of 35%.....
If one is good at separating the 2 horses out of the top 2 selections for a result , one should have a million dollars by Xmas.
With a 45% strike rate from the top 2........
The fact remains , that the top 2 have a 45% SR , so build on that.

Bhagwan,
I'm intensely interested in having a million dollars by Xmas but I think I'm missing the start of this thread. I see you state individual tipsters have a strike rate of 35% from the first two selections but I can't see where the 45% figure came from.
Can you fill in the blanks for me please.

KV
Old 25th April 2005, 01:47 PM

The 45% he's talking about is from the top 2 horses in the Most Favoured column in the tipsters poll. In other words the consensus of all the tipsters in the paper.
Old 25th April 2005, 02:41 PM

Thanks Sportz.

KV
Old 25th April 2005, 04:01 PM
Banned

Smile BGHWAN.

I dont know if this would work re using the WIZARD but say you eliminated the 18 pointer and bet the next 2 consensus horses .
The theory being that every mugs on the $1.70 horse and the next 2 could be the basis of very good prices.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 25th April 2005, 04:50 PM

Thumbs up

With a 45% strike rate from the top 2 , the people advocating that this is not the way to go & that there are better ways of doing this ,should have no problem sorting the strongest selection from the said top 2 & only backing them if they are satisfied with the price on offer. Otherwise let the race go.

Good on you Bhagwan,
I'm sick of the knockers, and what you say is so true, what a great opportunity for all the experts, all they have to do is look at 2 mules and sort them out in relation to form and price.
Keep up the good work, I'm positive there are many on the forum that appreciate your time and effort.
Whether they use your methods or not is up to the individual, but as far as I'm concerned you put more into this forum as far as trying to help than any other contributor.

All the best
Old 25th April 2005, 04:55 PM

Default Does Joe Average bet odds on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
The theory being that every mugs on the $1.70 horse and the next 2 could be the basis of very good prices.
Cheers.
darky.
Hi Darky,
I see this opinion expressed fairly often but I wonder if the average bloke in the TAB actually bets on odds on pops for the win? Sure he'll include them in the exotics but I reckon most mugs still stick to the old "odds on, look on" theory. Then they try to find something to beat what is probably a fair bet, even at odds on.
Regards
Old 25th April 2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

Smile FOXWOOD.

Hi FOXWOOD .
Its my observation commensurate with the amount of grog consumed at the pub or club by the average Joe punter that they spend approximately 1 minute scanning the TAB wallsheet/ the TAB screen before plonking the hard earned on the shortest priced horse on the screen.
I don,t mean to be rude by that observation.Just what I have noticed over the years.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 25th April 2005, 08:56 PM

Bhagwan this is not a bad idea .

Since you bought it up i decided to find 5 tipsters from various places and use the top tips. When 4 of the 5 tipsters picked the same horse it gave amazing results for the saturday just gone and was over 4 meets.

Sels 7
Wins 6
Wret $15.20

I highly doubt it will keep going like this but you never know lol. Anyway i'll keep you informed of how it goes.

Thanks for the idea.